11.

—🌩️🌥️☀️

🌩️🌥️☀️

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun was out, and kids were out playing in the cold air. They screamed and chased each other around while other kids rode their bike. A knock came to the door interrupting Caresha from her tv show, Good Times. She stood up going to the door, peeping sneakily through the blinds to see who is was. It was a guy dressed in a durag with his hat flipped backwards, a hoodie, coat, and baggy jeans, with tims.

"Who is it?" She asked, from behind the door. His chain hung lowly, in a shape of cross, and two more chains that lengthen in sixteen inches.

"Deondre, ma'am. I'm here to see Dreamur?" Caresha pulled from her cigarette, before unlocking the door and opening it.

"Who are you supposed to be to her?" Caresha knew who he was but she just wanted to go through the rundown since she hadn't met him in person.

"A friend, miss?" He asked, looking at her thick thighs.

"Caresha. I'm Dreamur's mother." She stepped to the side to let him in. It was freezing outside and she didn't need the door opened any longer.

"Oh, okay. Nice to meet you Miss. Caresha-"

"It's Ms.. I'll go get Dreamur for you." Caresha turned around locking the door behind her. She went upstairs to the other side of the house.

She knocked on the door before entering. As normal Dreamur was sleeping. Clover laid awake babbling and sucking on her salivated fingers.

"Dreamur, you have company." Caresha spoke, walking on the other side of the bed. Dreamur didn't move. "Dreamur, baby." She shook her, still nothing.

Caresha sighed, sitting on the bed. She shook Dreamur, patted her butt, and gave her kisses on the cheek. Finally, her eyes fluttered open. Then she slowly sat up, wiping the sides of her mouth.

"Did you smoke?" Caresha asked, Dreamur shook her head.

"No. I'm just tired is all but you okay? What's wrong?" Dreamur asked, with a bewildered look.

"Deondre is downstairs." Dreamur blinked for a couple of seconds before sighing. She wiped the harden eye boogers from her eyes and the drool from the side of her mouth.

"What's wrong?" Caresha could tell she was bothered. She usually seemed excited when Deondre was mentioned but this time she seemed irritated.

"Nothing. Just want to sleep." She chuckled, lying. Honestly she didn't want to see him but she had to play it off.

"Okay. Well, wash up and just text me when you want me to send him up. I'll be taking my grand baby as well. She needs a diaper change, she got this room funky as hell." Caresha laughed, patting Dreamur on the thigh.

"Okay." Dreamur responded, whipping the sheets back. She opened the window and headed to bathroom, while her mother gathered supplies to change Clover.

Dreamur let the boiling hot water rush over skin as she washed up. Her attitude meter was up. She didn't want to be bothered. Working doubles due to staff callouts was kicking her ass. Her checks were looking good but the working was tearing her apart. Today was her only day off, and she just wanted to sleep in. Clover was doing good so she wasn't adding any frustration to her plate.

Dreamur dressed herself in PINK boy shorts and a tank top. Her newly changed nipple rings in view. Her thigh tattoo exposed. She sprayed on some soft perfume and texted her mom that he could come up. While she waited, she turned on Netflix to finish watching You.

There was a soft knock before she told Deondre to come in. "Hey." He smiled, closing the door behind him. Dreamur was still looking at the tv but spoke anyway.

"Wassup?" She responded, nonchalantly.

"Can I sit?" Deondre asked, catching on to her attitude. He was happy to see her but he could tell she felt the opposite.

"Sure." Her short responses were making him upset but he didn't let it bother him. "How you been? I haven't heard from you in a while." He reminded her.

"I know. I wanted it be like that." Dreamur nodded, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Why is that?" The question caused her to scoff.

"Don't come in my room being dumb, cause you can leave." Dreamur warned, looking over at him as she spoke every word.

"Damn Dreamur, she made you that mad?" Deondre asked.

"It ain't even that. First of all, 'ion let bitches have power over me and get under my skin. Secondly, I don't let niggas play in my face. That's a no go. Thirdly, I refuse to be looking stupid for a nigga who wanted to talk to me first." Dreamur rolled her eyes. She had been through too much with her baby daddy. He wasn't there to help her with their daughter since he wanted to be a street nigga so bad. Her daughter came first before any man.

"Whoa Dreamur, chill." Deondre said, trying to her calm down.

"Don't tell me to chill. Do I have stupid written on my forehead? Shantay, Shardanay, whatever that bitch's name is had me fucked up the other night. You on the other hand didn't defend me, which I don't need because I can handle myself but you let her kiss all over you, and it took you for her to understand that the there wasn't nothing wrong with her damn drink. Yo dick must be all down her throat for real." Dreamur laughed, but she was dead serious.

"Yo, I am sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. When we got back to the car I handled it." Deondre reassured her. Dreamur smacked her lips pushing his hand off her leg.

"You could've handled it in front of me. I looked like a fool. Fetching drinks like I'm a damn scullery maid. Don't let that shit happen again." Deondre nodded, standing up. He held each sides of her face, kissing her forehead. Dreamur really wanted to punch him in his throat.

"Get off me man." Dreamur pushed, as Deondre stepped back a little. She didn't know where his mouth had been. It had been three weeks since they last seen each other.

"Damn, I can't kiss you now?" Deondre asked, with his hands out.

"Hell 'nah. 'Prolly been licking all over Sade." Dreamur joked, but again, she was dead serious.

"Wow mama, and I don't just anybody pussy. So." He trailed off, looking at his phone.

"Okay." Dreamur shrugged, starting the next episode.

"What you watching?" Deondre asked, as he typed on his phone.

"TV." Dreamur remarked, sarcastically. Deondre smacked his lips. He put his phone down and tackled Dreamur on the bed. "Nigga get off me." She semi-yelled. She was trying her best not to laugh and to stay mad at him.

Dreamur genuinely liked Deondre but she refused to feel like a clown. Her baby daddy was enough heart break. He put her through so much and she didn't have to attend to petty ass arguments, late night crying, and more suicidal thoughts. The scars on her arms and thighs told a story that could make the whole world cry. Her heart was big and her intentions were pure. She was a hopeless romantic.

"You 'gon stop having an attitude with me." Deondre kissed all over her face. "Hmm?"" Dreamur laughed as he continued to smother her with kisses. Until, their lips touched. Everything slowed down, the Netflix show was still playing but Dreamur was no longer paying attention.