13.

—🌈🌈🌈

🌈🌈🌈

Dreamur washed the brushes thoroughly while sorting them for the right tech. This was a good day for her because in this setting the nail salon was way better then waitressing. She had the chance to hear juicy gossip when clients came in. She was on the city part, away from where she lived. This side of town, there was a lot more going on and a lot more to see. The owner allowed her to listen to her music so that was big win. She didn't have talk to customers unless absolutely necessary but that rarely happened. The environment was quiet and the customers minded their business. The clients tipped her well and Dreamur appreciated them. Despite everyone telling their business, the listeners listened because that was their place. If you weren't a friend or the nail tech you had no right to voice any opinion. Whatever they did outside the shop, was their business. Dreamur thought the rule was stupid but she thought that's what went with salon etiquette.

After finally reorganizing brushes and bristles it was time to sweep. She rearranged the shop so now that customers backs were facing the door but the worker would be able to see behind them. She emptied the dust pan and then moved on to sanitizing workspaces. She used Lysol and disinfected spray as cleaner. She emptied trash cans, taking them to the dumpsters. Dreamur then replaced the bags, and then moved onto rearranging the colors of the polishes on the shelves. Dreamur was busting her ass and she was tired. She had been there since seven and it was now three o'clock. The sad part was the shop was extended with a waxing room, and spa. This meant washing towels, and replacing hand soaps. The salon was so popular, Dreamur was paid four hundred a week. Due to her helping mother, Caresha pay bills the money went out fast. Kai-ling the owner promised Dreamur a raise if she had put in a little bit more effort. So that's what Dreamur did. She came in early and left late. She was dedicated and hard working, wanting that raise badly and honestly, she needed it and she deserved it.

"Dreamur." Kai-ling called to her. Dreamur stopped what she was doing to see what she wanted.

"Yes?" Dreamur responded, pausing her music.

"This here is, Majsh. (ma-jesh) she'll be working with us starting next Monday but I want you to start training her now. Just for an hour so she get use to everything, okay?" Dreamur nodded, and looked over at the young woman. She nodded, and Kai-Ling bowed and excused herself to go to the back.

Dreamur walked away to get back to work, when the girl followed behind her. Dreamur didn't care at first until she noticed every move she made the girl followed. Dreamur became irritated and took out her Airpod to cuss her out but she saw she had notepad and pencil. She was taking notes. Kai-Ling did say she wanted her to be trained right away but did she mean that in a general way or literal? Dreamur played it off as if she saw somebody she knew. She put her music back in her ear and continued her work with a puppy close on her heels.

It was four hours until closing but it was time for Dreamur to leave. She popped her locker open and retrieved her things. She closed it back and locked it up. She was headed out on her phone when she received a text.