22.

—☀️🌤️☁️

☀️🌤️☁️

Trevale breathed a sigh of relief while he held tightly onto the straps of his bag. He inhaled the fresh air and then exhaled. The feeling of freedom felt good. He was a free man. Trevale couldn't wait to get his first haircut, shop the new drops, and most of all, get his dick wet. Being locked up on a charge he "didn't" commit? How could the system do such a thing?

"Nigga!" His homeboy, Rykell hollered. Rykell had been Trevale's best friend since fourth grade. They use to hate it each other but it was all a big misunderstanding. The he say, she say was petty so they sorted out their differences amongst each other.

"Playboy, wassup!" Trevale smiled, as they slapped hands and embraced into a tight hug.

"Man, I'm so glad you free. We definitely hitting up the strip club tonight. I know some good spots." Rykell informed, as they both hoped in the truck. The truck had freshly installed seats, rims, and coat of Black paint.

"Damn Kells, this shit nice." Travel noticed, looking around and making himself comfortable in the brown leather seats.

"You know how I roll." Rykell cheesed.

"So where we off to?" Trevale asked, looking out the window. He looked at the charger sticking out of the port and hooked up his phone and slid on his Rolex.

"To get you a fresh haircut, nigga. We gotta get yo ass back in reality." Rykell joked, they both shared a laugh.

Trevale's phone powered on and seconds later his wallpaper appeared. It was picture of him and Dreamur. She was sitting on his lap, a smile on her face, his lips attached to her cheek. He ran his thumb across the screen.

While he was locked away he couldn't help but to think about was his baby mother, Dreamur and his daughter, Clover. It had been so long since he touched her. The situation was bad enough that he didn't get to see his daughter when she first came out. He didn't get to cut the umbilical cord or hold her in his arms. Kiss Dreamur for doing a good job. He felt bad for what went down but apparently did what he had to do.

Rykell pulled up to the barber shop and both guys got out. They headed inside the crowded shop, Trevale automatically recognized. The guys dapped him up, announcing they were glad he was home. Some wondering how he even managed to receive an early release.

"Come on man, sit down. Yo shit look crunchy." The barber joked, expanding the cover. He clipped it to his neck and grabbed the clippers.

After Trevale's chop up with the boys and his haircut, Rykell drove him back home to his apartment. He needed fresh clothes and a hot shower. God knows the jail showers were not enough and some of the men in there didn't know how to keep their hands to themselves. Trevale dared any nigga to try him. He didn't get down like that and he'd be damned if he was forcefully bent over by another man.

"There's some towels in the bathroom and I'll wash 'yo clothes. Here's some soap, go wash yo ass." Trevale playfully mushed his head. He left the room to give Trevale some privacy.

Trevale quickly peeled off his clothes, he went to the joined bathroom to start the shower. He checked himself out in the mirror. He looked good. The cuts that covered his skin showed how much he fought for his life in there. It was all by self defense, some self inflicted from the anger he felt while being in there. His muscles protruded, showing off the progress he made from the every day lifting he did in the yard and basketball he played with the other inmates. Trevale was swollen but it looked good on him.

After his well needed shower, Trevale dressed himself, and laid down. It had been so long since he had been in a nice, warm, king sized bed. The feeling was comfortable and it didn't take long before he was fast asleep.

Dreamur sat her makeup desk, applying her lashes while the baking powder did its thing. She wasn't going on for another hour but she wanted to be prepared. She was wearing a pink fishnet body stocking one piece with nipple coverings. Her was dampened but the curls were defined. Xarie scrolled on her phone while she waited for her name to be called.

"The ballers are in tonight." A dancer announce happily, while she held a bag full of cash. The night was going good and being that it was warmer and summer was here the club was full to capacity. Dreamur looked through the mirror to see she wasn't lying. That was good news for her and she couldn't wait to cut up.

An incoming facetime call was coming through. Dreamur froze. It was her mother calling. "Fuck." She cursed. Caresha was supposed to be working not talking on the phone.

"What?" Xarie asked, looking up. Her eyes wandered and now was looking at the flashing phone.

"Oh shit." She said, her eyebrows raised. The call dropped and then it lit up again. Dreamur still couldn't move. "I got an idea." Xarie said, she took the phone and walked off with it. Dreamur's hear was racing, her hands becoming sweaty.

Moments later Xarie came back and she set the phone back up the way it was. "What she say?" Dreamur asked, looking over at Xarie.

"Clover's sick, and your grandmother's truck won't start. She said she needs you to come get her asap." Dreamur sighed, standing up from her seat. How was she supposed to pick up her daughter when she was about to go on soon?

"How about you take my spot and I go pick her up?" Dreamur shook her head.

"No. It's my responsibility. I can figure something out. Right? Oh my God. what am I going to do?" Dreamur sighed, holding her head. Xarie stood up, placing her phone down.

"Dreamur you're panicking. I need you to calm down and breathe. I told her you had a few drinks too many and that you're passed out. I will go get her. It's fine, seriously." Dreamur smiled, hugging Xarie.

"Thank you." Xarie nodded, patting her back.

"You're welcome. You've been nothing but a good friend to me. This is the least I can do." Dreamur nodded, and Xarie stood up to change. She switched back into her shorts and cropped shirt. She slid on her Crocs and grabbed her car keys and phone. Xarie gave Dreamur one last hug before exiting.

Dreamur's phone went off again, this time it was Xarie. "Yeah, wassup?" Dreamur answered.

"I'm gonna take Clover to Blue's crib." Xarie stated, this was the same girl that helped Xarie get the job. Dreamur met her a few times and the girl was sweet and vibes were cool. "She has two kids of her own. Are you okay with that?" Dreamur nodded. As long as Clover was safe in the hands of someone she knew it was fine.

"Okay. I wanted to ask first before doing so. I don't want to bring her to the club and something bad happen." Dreamur agreed. She thanked Xarie again and the phone call ended.

Dreamur let the house mom know what as going and she was okay with it. She did warn her that couldn't happen again. Hiccups happened but they didn't occur often. Dreamur assured her it wouldn't and it was time for her to perform. Dreamur's name was announced. She sashayed on stage as her song played.

Imagination by Eric Bellinger played through the speakers. Dreamur bit her lip, grabbing onto the pole she crawled up. When she was high enough she dropped herself back down into a split. The men cheered, cat called, and the money rained on stage. The glitter that coated her body glistened and sparkled lucently. Flipping herself over, her tongue covered the top of her lip as she laid on her back. She held the pole tightly pointing her legs up and moving them back and forth. The money kept coming so Dreamur kept it up. Dreamur did tricks she practiced, isolated, to use on the pole and the men loved it.

Her eyes gazed the crowd of being men until they landed on all too familiar face. Her heart stopped but her body didn't. She had to keep dancing. Trevale's sat stunned at this baby mother, moving like a pornstar.  He could tell she saw him now and she was uncomfortable.
The song was over, Dreamur collected her cash and rushed off stage.