7.

—⛈️⛈️⛈️

⛈️⛈️⛈️

WARNING:
This chapter contains trigger
warnings of self harm and minor child abuse.
Please be advised :))

Dreamur sat on the floor, barely able to keep herself up. The dark liquid oozing from her open wounds. She was high of an edible her mom had gotten for her. Dreamur had a lot on her mind, Clover seemed to be more cranky then usual and she just wanted a release.

"That boy don't like you for real."

"You're so pathetic, Dreamur."

"So stupid, that's why your father left you."

The voices were back and the were more aggressive then before. She thought she had been on the right track. She had two good paying jobs, finally, life felt worth living for once. Until she had to work had worked doubles back to back since Emilin was on vacation leave and she wouldn't be back until next week.

"Just leave me alone." She whispered, moving her from side to side.

"Kill yourself, this life isn't for you."

"Do it, Dreamur."

"Clover would be so much better without you."

"No, no!" Dreamur screamed, it was only her and Clover in the house. Her mom had gone on a date with one of her guy friends.

Dreamur's eyes rolled to the back of her head. Her head fell back, she felt so tired, so helpless. She tried so hard to lift herself up but it was no use. Her body fell to the left, her soft cheeks laying on the cold floor. Her eyes had rolled back to normal but her eyes were still low.

"Maybe I am a bad mother?" Dreamur spoke into a whisper. She licked her dry lips. Her head moved now rested in her arm. She watched closely as her wrist leaked blood.

"Ring around the Rosie, pocket full of posies. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down." She sang.

When Dreamur finally got herself together, gathering enough strength to get herself off the floor she wiped and sanitized her wounds. She wrapped them in bandages, and cleaned the floor. She lifted the window to let out the bleach scent. She checked on Clover, she had been fed and changed earlier before Dreamur's accident.

Since Clover was okay, she waited until she felt sober enough to pump breast milk and put it in the fridge. How could she take drugs when she used breast milk to feed her daughter? That was dangerous for Clover and this behavior could cause serious consequences for her and Dreamur.

𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙳𝙰𝚈

Dreamur helped Xarie get her bags inside as Clover cried uncontrollably. She had just fallen asleep seconds ago. Dreamur sighed, wiping the side of hers forehead.

"Hey, you get Clover and I'll handle this." Dreamur nodded, out of breath as she went over to retrieve her hysterical child.

Dreamur unbuckled her seat belt, and carefully pulled her out. She patted her back, rocking back and forth. She shushed her, turning her she wanted to give skin on skin contact. Unzipping her jacket, she slid off Clover's blanket so her face was exposed. Dreamur held her up and then put her up close to her chest. Clover's cries dyed down to humming.

Dreamur patted her back continuously until she didn't hear anything else. Not being too sure she patted her for ten minutes longer and carefully placed her back into the seat. She buckled Clover up and turned on the baby monitor.

"So you just ask your dad for money and he sends it, just like that?" Dreamur asked, and Xarie nodded.

"That's what happens when your dad is too busy for you." Xarie chuckled, sadly. Dreamur understood and didn't want to go any further.

Unpacking took a little longer then expected since she had furniture too. Luckily, the house had three bedrooms so Xarie could squeeze in. Dreamur had talked to her mother about Xarie having a place to stay since her mother needed "some space." Dreamur was surprised her mother gave in so easily, being that she wasn't much a people person after her husband's tragic accident. Maybe she was turning over a new leaf, getting back into society.

Xarie's boyfriend didn't think anything of it when she told him she was going to visit her mom after discovering her pregnancy at work. She still hadn't told him since she couldn't come to terms with who the father was.

"You know Emilin fired me right?" Xarie blurted.

"What?" Dreamur exclaimed, in disbelief. Her head had shot up so fast.

"Yeah. So if she's been lying and saying that I'm sick, I'm not. I'm unemployed." Xarie said, pulling out a duffel bag.

The was unzipped and inside were wads of cash her dad has sent her. Xarie didn't understand why he didn't just wire the money in instead of those bozos that worked for me him, send a duffel bag for the whole hood to see.

"Damn." Dreamur said, checking on Clover.

"Yep. Now I need to go to the bank in the morning. You think your mom can take me?" Xarie shook her head.

"I'll take you. She's off tomorrow and she's going to be sleep all day. You'll barely see Clover, she be kidnapping her grandchild. Some mornings I get up, and she'll already be gone." Xarie smiled, she loved how close Dreamur was to her mother. She wished she had the same thing. Being that her dad was a workaholic and made millions of dollars, he lost his family.

Xarie came from a wealthy family. Her mother didn't like the attention they received. The paparazzi was crazy and caused too many accidents trying to take a fucking picture. Her mother, Yvonne had lost her job, her father, Derry wasn't coming home anymore. He had fallen out of love with his wife. He wanted a divorce but Yvonne wasn't having it. The cheating started, late night phone calls and the text were leased to the press, and everything was ruined. They found where Xarie attended school. She had to attend a school far away, public schooling. Where she was used and mistreated because of who her father was. Females only wanted to be her friends so they could take her money, and become famous. This ruined, Xarie. She never had real friends, she shut herself out from the world too. Her mom's life had spiraled out of control. She still never found another good job without being harassed by employees of her cheating husband. It was all to much for her. She slipped into depression and hadn't been the same since. They moved to the cheapest house her mother could find. Derry took all the money when the cheating started. He was giving all of it away to that darling mistress of his. Xarie hated her father for what he did but she never showed it. As long as he was giving her money she was fine. Even though that wasn't enough, she dealt with it.

"Okay. What time is best for you?" Xarie looked at her.

"Three is fine. I have to work, from seven to until then." Dreamur explained. She didn't want to go into much detail since Xarie didn't work there anymore.

"That's fine. I'll just make myself at home in here until you get off." They both agreed that it was good time. Now it was time for a nap. Hopefully Clover didn't wake up so Dreamur could get some sleep.