9.

—✨✨✨

✨✨✨

Dreamur was sleeping soundly when she heard the window crack. She jumped up, looking around the room until her eyes landed on the window. Dreamur quietly opened the drawer going into to her nightstand to retrieve the blade she always kept. Sliding out of bed she walked over, on the other side of the wall.

"Damn, why does this fucking window have to be so high up?" The voice spoke.

"Unless you want to get stabbed, I suggest you get your black ass out my window." Dreamur warned, putting the blade to the back of their head.

"Dreamur... it's me." Xarie spoke, softly. Smacking her lips, she locked her door and turned on the lamp.

"Bitch, what are you doing crawling back in my window?" Dreamur asked, helping Xarie in. She closed the window and shut the curtain.

"I thought it was my room." She answered honestly, standing up straight to dust herself up. Dreamur noticed her outfit and it was quite revealing.

"Xarie, why the bell are you dressed like a GTA 5 prosti." She asked, referring to the prostitutes on the game.

"Thank you for noticing, but I am not a prosti." Xarie defended, but didn't answer her question.

"Where are your clothes if you not hoeing?" Dreamur asked, sitting on her bed. She peeped through the cracks of the crib, Clover was still sleeping.

Xarie kicked the blue duffel towards Dreamur. "If you want to know, there's your proof. I'm gonna shower." Xari excused herself, out of breath. She left the room but made sure to lock and close it behind her.

Dreamur picked up the bag, placing it on the bed unzipping it. There was cash inside, lots of it. "What the hell?" Dreamur gasped, picking up the money. She hadn't held money in so long it felt surreal. Did this bitch rob a bank? Dreamur thought.

Moments later Xarie returned. "Where did you get all this money from?" Xarie smiled, sitting on the bed beside her.

"Dancing." Xarie answered, truthfully but Dreamur didn't believe her.

"Not uh, bitch. No you didn't." Dreamur argued, in disbelief.

"Yes huh." Xarie reassured, pulling the bag to her side. She then tilted the bag so all the money could fall out. The few that hit the floor Dreamur picked them up adding them back to the large pile.

"How- wait," Dreamur paused. "Wait how did you manage to do all this, without me knowing?" Dreamur asked, she was conflicted and wanted answers.

"My boyfriend, his brother's girlfriend put me on. The last few nights after you and Clover are asleep, I sneak out and meet up with her." Xarie explained. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I always manage to get back to my room but tonight, I don't know what I was thinking." She shrugged.

Dreamur was still trying to process what was happening. "So, what club are you dancing at?" Dreamur asked.

"Pink Paradise on thirteen and eighth." Xarie replied. She unzipped another section of the bag pulling out a pink money counter.

"Damn, and you have a money counter?" Xarie chuckled, but nodded.

"Yeah. Wanna count with me?" Dreamur shrugged, and they began counting. It took about an hour only because Clover would wake up, due to the noise and Caresha had been in the kitchen. They didn't want to make too much noise and they get caught.

"Three bands. Wow." Dreamur exclaimed. Xarie smiled, and then a thought came to mind. She picked up a wad that was wrapped into a rubber band.

"Here." Dreamur looked at her like she was shape shifting into another human being.

"Girl, hell 'nah. That's your money. I'm not taking that." She dismissed. She was fine where she was and handouts was a no. Dreamur wanted to get everything on her own. She didn't have time for gaslighting and I told you so's.

"Please take it. You've opened up your home to me. I trust you and I believe you're a great mommy to Clover. Come on, it's an appreciation gift from me to you." Xarie reassured her. Dreamur was very hesitant and still didn't want to take it.

"It's okay, really." Dreamer smiled. Even though she wanted it, it was best that she stayed focus on her own bag. Anything her daughter needed she wanted to provide it.

After Dreamur had gone back to bed Xarie stayed up. She looked over her bag of money. She couldn't believe she had made so much in one night. She didn't want to dance for too long but if she was going to make this amount every night, it would be hard for her to quit. The same wad she tried to give Dreamur earlier she cracked the bottom of the drawer open, ruffling Dreamur's clothes around a bit, she placed the wad inside and covered it back up. Closing the drawer back. She picked up her duffel, and quietly exited the room. Tonight had been long and the sun was coming up. Xarie couldn't wait until tomorrow night.