02

Song of the Chapter: Tempest - SOHN

Niall did end up getting lost in the gigantic house. He kept passing the same room and he wasn't sure where he was going. He just hoped he would find something.

Eventually the smell of food led him to the kitchen. He stopped in front of the door and smelled the sweet aroma of what seemed like roast cooking. Niall's stomach growled and he clenched on his stomach hoping he could tame it.

Harry did say Niall did have access to the kitchen. He glanced up at the door and bit his lip contemplating what to do. With a deep breath he entered the kitchen quietly.

He glanced around and saw a man chopping up vegetables. Niall wasn't sure where to go. So he stood there awkwardly until the man noticed him.

"Oh...um..can I help you?" He asked unsure who he was.

"Um....Harry told me...I can come here if I was hungry." Niall said looking to his feet. The chef glanced at the blonde boy before he turned behind him and tossed. him something disorienting Niall momentarily. Eventually he awkwardly caught it and seen a granola bar.

"That should hold you until supper." The man said

"Thanks ..um.."

"Liam." He said with a small grin.

"Oh um...thanks... I'm Niall by the way." He said shyly.

"Are you a new employee?" Liam asks turning back to cutting up the vegetables. Niall shuffled his feet uncomfortably unsure if he wants to tell him he's a slave.

"I guess you could say that." Niall said

"What are you gonna be doing?" Liam asked

"Um..." He muttered. "I'm his slave.." He said ever so quietly. Liam stopped his chopping and glanced over at Niall. He ended up staring at the boy.

"You're welcome into the pantry any time." Liam said with a warm smile. He put his knife down and wiped his hand off with a towel. "I'll be right back."

+ + +

"You have to be joking." Liam said as he walked into Harry's study. He was seated at his desk talking to another associate across from him.

Harry looked up with an irritated look on his face. The associate looked back at Liam curiously. "Would you excuse us please." Harry asked. The man nodded and hurried off. Liam watched the man exit and looked back at Harry.

"What's this about?" Harry asked while standing up and leaning against his desk

"Niall." Liam said. Harry rose his eyebrows momentarily as if he forgot. "You know. The slave."

"Oh right right." He nodded.

"Was this all dad's idea?" Liam asked walking toward Harry.

"He's not your Dad." Harry corrected about the fact he was Liam's stepbrother

"Fine. Was this all Desmond's idea?" Liam corrected himself

"For your information I just found about this only a half hour ago. I can't do anything about this for at least six months." Harry said

"The least you could do is show the boy around. I bet he's lost in this gigantic house of yours." Liam said

"I would but I had.."

"Work yes I know." Liam said rolling his eyes. "Just, find a way to take care of him. Something's different about him."

"If you're so worried about him then you do something about it." Harry said

"I didn't get stuck with him because of daddy." Liam said. "Besides you already work me enough as it is. Speaking of that I have to finish dinner your highness." Liam bowed in a mocking way.

"Be glad I even let you stay here." Harry said

"Yeah I appreciate it." Liam said rolling his eyes and turning to leave. Harry grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Sorry." He said. Liam sighed and turned to his younger stepbrother. He pulled him in a hug.

"You're so much like your dad." He muttered in his ear. "Arrogant." He said pulling away

"And you're like your mum." Harry added with a smirk "Caring." He said

"Not exactly the worst feature." Liam added. Harry just rolled his eyes and began to push Liam out.

"Can you watch over him for me? I have to finish what I was doing with that client." Harry pleads. Liam sighs and gives him a nod.

"You owe me." He said walking out of his study

Liam got back to his kitchen "I'm sorry it took me a while but I.." He stopped short seeing blood on the tiled floor. He found Niall on his knees staring at his arm in horror with the blood slowly trickle down his arm.

+ + +

5 minutes earlier

It was a while since Liam left and Niall began to get bored. He ended up munching on a sack of potato chips. Honestly he was bored, he just wasn't sure if he should go or not.

He glanced over and saw the shiny knife. Niall's curious side overtook him and he went over to the counter. He grabbed the knife and examined it. It was a nice looking knife and it looked sharp.

Some innocent spark in Niall lit in his eyes and it was like he wasn't his normal self as he placed the knife against his arm curiously.

However the sharpness cut his skin and his eyes widened as the blood began to flow out of his forearm. He began to panic and do whatever he could to get rid of the blood.

+++

Liam hurried over to Niall's side and took a hold of his arm. Blood almost completely covered his forearm and Liam sighed.

"What did you do?" Liam asked Niall. Niall stared at Liam all wide and teary eyed.

"I-I didn't mean...I mean it just..." He mumbled

"Shh it'll be fine." He said. He helped Niall up and guided him to the sink. He turned on the water and began rinsing off his wound. He glanced back at Niall seeing he had heavy lids. He must of lost a decent amount of blood. "Stay awake Ni." Liam ordered

"Li...m'tired." Niall mumbled slowly becoming limp.

"Just stay with me a bit longer." Liam instructed. He eventually cleaned the boy's cut and brought him to a chair, which rested against a wall. Liam turned around and grabbed a Napkin to put on the wound.

Niall eventually passed out and Liam sighed. Luckily Niall was still alive, he reached down and picked him up bridal style. He then carried the boy to the one guy in the mansion who knew more about health than anyone.

Dr. Malik

A/N Oooooohhhhhh cliffhanger...kinda I guess..*shrug*

Any who comment, vote, etc.

Thanks,

Katie xx