05

Song of the Chapter: Alphabet Boy - Melanie Martinez

"He called you what?" Liam said resisting the urge to laugh out loud. Harry rolled his eyes and glanced over to Niall who was munching on a peanut butter sandwich.

"He...he called me daddy.." He said. Liam couldn't help but chuckle slightly and Harry shot him a glare.

"I didn't tell you this so you could laugh at me...this is serious." Harry scolded.

"Right right." Liam agreed taking a deep breath and keeping his cool "So did he say anything else?"

Harry sighed and ran his hand through his long hair. "Um...he told me about how harsh his previous owners were and he wanted me to keep him permanently.."

"You should. From the looks of it Niall hasn't had luck until you came around." Liam said. He glanced back to Niall who at this point was staring intently at the peanut butter he got on his hands in frustration. "Keep him."

"That's the thing I can't. I wasn't the one who bought him. My dad was." Harry said. "And you know him... doing that might get him angry."

"Harry..." Liam said

"I just can't Liam." Harry interrupted. If I spent thousands of dollars on a slave... that won't be acceptable" Harry said. Liam was about to say something but Alexander cleared his throat behind him. Harry and Liam both looked towards him. "What is it?" Harry asked

"Sir your father stopped by and has requested your presence." Alexander informed. Harry grumbled and nodded.

"Alright I'll be out in a few." Harry said. Alexander nodded and exited. Harry turned back to Liam and gave him a smile. "Could you watch Niall for me?" Harry asked. Liam sighed and gave him a nod.

Harry looked over to the boy and walked back over. "Niall.." Harry said. Niall looked over and smiled.

"Hi daddy." He greeted. Harry gave him a smile.

"I got to meet with someone can you stay with Liam for me?" Harry asked. Niall's face deflated slightly, but he nodded. "Good boy." Harry said. He was about to turn to leave when Niall stopped him.

"Kiss daddy.." He demanded. Harry froze and looked back to Niall. He gave him a small nervous smile before quickly pecking his head and hurrying off

+++

"Ah Harry my boy." Desmond stood up from Harry's couch. He walked over and pulled his son into a tight hug.

"Hi dad." Harry replied with a fake smile on his face that he managed to pull off because his father grinned widely and patted him on the shoulder. "What can I help you with?" Harry asked

"I just wanted to stop by so I can see if you're planning a birthday party." Desmond said. Harry sighed slightly plopping down on the couch.

"I don't think I want one this year dad." Harry said.

"Oh come on! 21 is a big birthday! Why would you not celebrate that?" Desmond argued.

"Because I have things to do dad." Harry said. Realistically he just didn't want his dad to throw him a party.

"Take a break my boy!" Desmond argued.

"I said no!" Harry snapped. Desmond looked surprised and he sighed.

"It's a bit late I'm afraid." Desmond said. Harry rose an eyebrow

"What" Harry snapped

"I already told everyone you were having a party. And its gonna be here." Desmond explained. Harry gave a heavy sigh