Chapter 4 "I Will Protect You"

Niall’s POV

It’s now been a whole week since i kissed Darcy and it’s been super awkward between us, but she is also awkward towards Stefan, which i don’t understand. While being here, I’ve had to be super careful about feeding off humans since I’ve got a bad feeling someone is after Darcy.

We are sitting in Science and we are in the same science group, along with Rachel and another guy called James. We decide to meet up somewhere after school so we picked the park in town.

I’m the first one here and why am i not surprised, suddenly i hear a scream... not just any scream...

Darcy’s scream!

“LET ME GO! LET ME GO!” She shouts.

Darcy’s Outfit-

I run vampire speed and find some guy pinning Darcy to a tree, she thrashes and i notice this guy is the one who pushed me over. He then bites his thumb and blood drips and he makes a sign on Darcy’s bare arm. He whispers something then it starts to glow.

She screams and cries but it glows to a dark black, pure evil mark.

“Perfect” He mumbles, loud enough for me to hear him.

“Please leave me alone! You have already marked me! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!” Darcy cries loudly.

“I just want you to suffer, i could of been with a happy family, but i’m different! No one would understand me! But you are different and everyone loves you! I hate you! I deserve to die Darcy!” He screams at her and she trembles.

The blood from her arm runs onto her clothes and he holds her tighter. I decide i should step in.

“Let her go!” I shout and he drops her.

“I will find you Darcy” He whispers in her ear making her whimper and disappears right before our eyes. That person was not human, it looked like a vampire but something felt human as well.

“Darcy?” I kneel down to her and she cries into her knees.

“Ni?” She whispers in between sobs.

I make a quick call to Rachel and tell her myself and Darcy can’t meet up, i then carry Darcy to my flat, she falls asleep in my arms so i lay her out on my couch in front of the telly.

After an hour she wakes up and stares at me smiling.

“Where am i?” She asks me confused.

“My flat” I mumble and she nods