Chapter 9 "Something Unexpected"

Darcy’s POV

My breath hitches and i start to shake, suddenly Niall squeezes my hand but my eyes keep on the person wearing the hoddie, soon enough they are joined by three more people in black hoddies and they watch us. Niall looks to where I’m looking and his whole body tenses beside me and he gulps.

“Darcy i will protect you” He whispers in my ear and i simply nod.

“I want to know who it is” I whisper to him and he sighs.

“So do i” Niall whispers back and the funeral keeps going. Within an hour the funeral is over and they take the coffins away and everyone goes home. Annie, Jacob, Rachel, Niall and I go to starbuck’s and we get some drinks and sit at a small round table. Everyone sighs in unison.

“That was awful” Rachel states and we all nod.

“Even tho we hated them, i still feel awful” Jacob says and Annie sighs.

“I bet they weren’t so bad, they just hanged with the wrong people” Annie says and she looks out the window and takes another sip of her coffee.

“I wonder how Michelle is going to take this” I mumble into my cup of tea and Niall kisses my cheek.

“Not well thats for sure” Niall says and we all nod once more.

Suddenly the mark on my arm starts to burn and pain shoots through my body, my jaw clenches and I instantly jump to my feet and hold my arm in pain. Annie & Jacob have just left and Rachel starts to freak out.

“Whats wrong!” She asks me worried.

“The mark!” I say and her and Niall look at the mark. The mark is glowing purple and more pain shoots throughout my body and Niall suddenly picks me up bridal style and we run outside and into the park where the funeral was held. Suddenly we are surrounded by the four hooded figures and Niall hisses with his fangs and purple eyes. I never asked why they were purple but i will do that later.

“Place the girl on the ground and step away from her, then we can stop the pain” One of the vampires says and Niall hesitates at first but i yelp in pain and he quickly sets me down and takes three steps away from me along with Rachel and the figure comes up to me and places his hand around the mark and grunts and suddenly all the pain is gone. I sit up and then i jump away from him.

“WHO ARE YOU! WHY DID YOU MARK ME! WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME!” I scream and they all chuckle.

“Too many questions, but everyone take off your hoods” One says and takes off her hoddie. She has long black hair and nice skin, the rest of them are all guys and they are all the vampires from before.

“Nice to finally meet you” Niall hisses and puts his arms around my waist.