Goodbye New Orleans

Cami's human and just finished saving the Mikaelsons again from a prophecy. Now, she's decided to visit her family in Florida, where she finds something that leads her to be on the run. Her family are all siphons besides her and her mother, who had never been close. Klaus is in New Orleans, fighting to take the city back from Marcel, but when he finds out about Cami's situation, he does what he can to help her.

As the sun began to rise over the city of New Orleans, Cami found herself lying on her bed, looking through pictures on her phone. Each picture had captured a moment of joy with her family. She scrolled through her phone, a smile on her face as the memories replayed in her mind. It was easier back then, she thought. Of course, she was still aware of the dangers of the supernatural, seeing as her family were mostly siphons. She and her mum were the odd ones out, the black sheep in the family. They had been told this for as long as they could remember, but Cami didn't seem to care. There were some members of her family who loved and cared for her as if she wasn't any different and they were the people Cami missed with all her heart. It had been a few years since she had moved to New Orleans from Florida, and she wanted nothing more than to reunite with her family.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her ringtone going off. She glanced at the caller ID and sat up slightly before answering.
"Davina, hey. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I just called to let you know that I talked to Marcel like you said, and he promised not to hurt you."

"It's not me I'm worried about. What did he say about Hope, and the rest of their family?"

"I don't get why you care so much about them, but to answer your question, he didn't mention anything about their family."

Cami sighed. She hadn't gotten the answer she wanted, but she was grateful for Davina's help anyway.
"Thank you for talking to him, Davina."

"Anything for you, Cami. I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah, of course."

Cami had gotten used to the short calls that were mainly about how to save the city or the Mikaelsons. This was a part of her life now and quite a major part, too. She could easily choose not to get involved, but just the thought of losing the Mikaelsons made her feel uneasy, so she did the best she could to help protect them even if she was only human.

Cami took a sip of the water on her bedside table before picking up her phone once more to dial Klaus' number. The phone rang, once, twice, and then Klaus finally answered, his voice laced with a mix of curiosity and concern, "Camille, are you alright?"

Cami felt a surge of relief wash over her at the sound of Klaus' voice.
"I'm okay. I just spoke to Davina, and she said that Marcel promised not to hurt me, but I'm worried about you and your family. Have you spoken to him recently?"

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line, and Cami's heart raced as she waited for him to say something. Finally, Klaus spoke, his voice calm but tinged with a hint of anger.
"Marcel made it clear that he won't kill any of us. But that doesn't mean he won't try to cause trouble. He's still after power and control, and we can't afford to underestimate him."

Cami nodded, even though Klaus couldn't see her.
"I understand. I just wanted to make sure you were all safe. And some advice? Don't try to kill him or do anything that will anger him. If he's agreed not to kill you, then you need to try not to kill him."

Klaus sighed, his voice softening slightly.
"Thank you, Cami. Your concern means more to me than you know. We'll handle Marcel, but I appreciate your advice. Just stay safe yourself."

Cami smiled slightly, grateful for his reassurance.
"I will, Klaus. Take care of yourself and your family. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to call." She paused for a second before adding on, "Oh, and I thought you should know that I've decided to go away for a few weeks. To see my family. I was actually planning on going in a couple of hours."

Klaus responded on the other end, and Cami was almost certain that she could hear a hint of sadness in his tone.
"You're leaving?"

"Not for too long. I'd miss this city far too much."
Cami's smile had turned into a small frown, knowing that the city wasn't the only thing she'd miss.

Like always, Klaus was able to read her tone and figure out what she actually meant.
"Really? Is the city the only thing you'll miss?"

Cami chuckled at his question and shook her head.
"Don't get your hopes up, Klaus."

She could practically hear Klaus' smirk on the other end.
"Of course not. I know better than that. When do you plan on returning from your little trip to Florida, is it?"

Cami was shocked that he remembered where she was from, but yet again, it was Klaus she was speaking to.
"I'm not sure. 3 weeks, maybe."

"Well, love, in that case, I'll see you in three weeks time."

"Bye Klaus."

"Goodbye, Camille."

Cami ended the phone call and opened her Spotify, hoping to find something calming to listen to while she packed. She scrolled until she found a playlist full of relaxing music and pressed play before placing her phone on the table and grabbing her suitcase. She looked through her closet, taking out jeans, shirts and even a dress in case there was a special occasion like a dinner or a party.

2 hours had passed, and Cami had booked the soonest flight and was getting ready to leave her apartment for the airport. She called a taxi and was waiting for it out on the street. The sound of a notification came from her phone, and she checked it, hoping it'd be a message saying her taxi had arrived, but instead, it was a sweet message from Klaus.

"Safe travels, love. Have fun."-K

Cami smiled at the text and replied, thanking him and telling him not to do anything stupid while she was gone. She put the phone back in her pocket and when she looked back to the road, her taxi was waiting to take her. The man who drove the car got out to help her with her suitcase. Cami thanked him before sitting in the backseat and taking her phone out again to see if Klaus had replied.

"Nonsense, I don't recall having done anything stupid."-K

Cami rolled her eyes and fought the smile coming to her lips.
"Klaus, I'm serious."-C
"So am I, but no need to worry about me. I'll be perfectly fine."-K
"Good. But remember to call me if anything happens."-C
"Your concern for me is almost flattering."-K
"It's times like these when I wonder why I bother with you anyway."-C
"Oh, come on, love, I was playing around."-K

Cami rolled her eyes.
"Bye Klaus."-C
"Bye, let me know when you land safely."-K
"Sure thing."-C
Cami turned off her phone and closed her eyes as she leaned against the seat.