Close call

As the distant sound of approaching footsteps grew louder, tension gripped the room. Hope's instincts kicked in, and she sprinted toward the doorway. With a quick incantation, Hope cast a spell to hold the door in place, preventing it from collapsing. The witches pounded on the door, the sound echoing through the rooms.

Cami and Klaus exchanged a tense glance, their shared concern evident as they hurriedly followed Hope. The dimly lit corridor echoed with the urgency of their footsteps. Klaus stood steadfast by Hope, his protective demeanour unwavering, while Cami anxiously observed, her thoughts solely focused on the safety of both Hope and Lilly. The thought of her own safety didn't even cross her mind.

The rest of the group joined them, all of them huddled behind Hope, who was the only reason the witches hadn't managed to get in yet. Lilly remained at Cami's side, trusting her now more than ever.

"What do you want?" Hope shouted, her tone fierce.

"WHERE IS THE GIRL?" came the demanding response from the other side of the door.

Damon, always the provocateur, couldn't resist injecting a bit of sarcasm. "Woah, calm down there. I'll need you to specify. Is she hot?" Elena promptly elbowed him, urging seriousness.

"A name might help," Elena interjected, attempting to stall the intruders.

"Camille O'Connell!"

Klaus turned to his friend, his voice surprisingly soft, yet harbouring concealed anger. "You're running from them?"

"Klaus, dont hurt them, please. They're my family." Cami pleaded her eyes, showing how desperate she was.

"Family doesn't hunt their own down," Klaus asserted coldly.

Cami, momentarily forgetting the danger, retorted, "Oh, come on, it's not like you haven't daggered your siblings and ran from your father for basically your entire existence." She paused, immediately regreeting the words she had said, "Wait, Klaus, no, that wasn't fair. I'm sorry."

Klaus, visibly wounded by her words, walked away, leaving Cami. "Klaus!" she called out desperately, but he ignored her, pounding on the door.

"The person you're after isn't here. Do us all a favour and get off this property," Klaus declared sternly.

A voice, identified as Malia's, spoke from outside, "We know you have Cami and the girl. Hand her over. They're ours."

Unable to contain her anger, Cami shouted at the woman whom she used to look up to, "I am not anyone's! I am not some property you can win over, so get the hell out of here, or my friends will kill you!"

The pounding on the door intensified, spells now evident. Hope, though struggling, maintained her position, using her magic to resist the onslaught and protect those inside.

Bonnie stood, focusing on her own thoughts until she had finally thought of something. "I know what to do. I'll need to channel you, Hope." She sent a determined glance to the young Mikaelson.

Hope, juggling the weight of her responsibilities, turned to Bonnie with a hint of weariness. "Bonnie, I don't know if you could tell, but my hands are a bit full right now."

As the tension in the room escalated, Klaus remained composed, his voice carrying a quiet authority. "Let the door down."

Hope, caught off guard, dismissed the idea as she grappled with the magnitude of the situation. "What? No!"

Cami, concerned for everyone's safety, questioned Klaus's intentions. "What are you going to do?"

Klaus responded with the same demeanour. "I'm going to fight them off. Hide Camille."