The Basement

"Cami!"

The blonde's eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the light.

"Oh, for the love of God, Cami, wake up!"

Cami rubbed her eyes and looked up to see Stacey staring down at her, shaking awake. Cami pushed Stacey off of her.
"I'm up, I'm up. What?"

"Everyone's gone out to breakfast. Now's the time to go down there."

Cami moved her head to the side to look at the alarm clock that read 9:30. She quickly sat up and wore the slippers that were next to the bed before rushing to the bathroom. "I'll be out in a second!"

When Cami returned to the room, there was a knock on the door. Stacey looked at the door, wondering who it was. "Who is it?" She asked, getting up from her bed.

"It's me, Aiden. What's taking you guys so long?"
Aiden was Cami's mischievous 15 year old cousin.

Cami turned to Stacey. "You told him?" She asked while going to the vanity to fix her hair and apply minimal makeup.

Stacey shrugged as if she did nothing wrong.
"We needed a lookout, and Aiden gets into these types of things all the time."

"Fine, let's go." Cami placed the hairbrush back on the table and went to open the door. "Hi Aiden."
Aiden gave her a simply Hey since he wasn't one for hugs or proper greetings.

"Come on, let's go," said Aiden, not wanting to see what would happen if the adults came back home in the middle of their little quest. Both the girls nodded and followed Aiden down the stairs and then to the first door of the basement.

Stacey turned to her younger cousin. "Okay, Aiden, you go down with me so that we can siphon the spell quicker and then come straight back here and let us know if anyone comes."

Aiden agreed to the plan and began siphoning the spell on the first door.
Stacey helped him by placing her own hand on the door and absorbing the magic. Cami stood idly by, waiting for them to finish. Once they were done, Cami turned on her phone's flashlight and went down the stairs first. Stacey followed behind, taking out her own phone's flashlight to make the area brighter.

They came to a stop when another door blocked the way. Cami attempted to push it, forgetting for a moment that spells had been put in place to prevent people from getting through. She then moved aside so that Stacey could siphon away the spell. Once she was done, she looked  to Cami.
"Remind me later to put the spells back up."
Cami nodded before opening the door.

"What the hell is this place?" asked Stacey, moving her flashlight around to get a better look. There were two different paths, one on the left and one on the right. Forward wasn't an option because it seemed to be closed off.

Cami looked down each tunnel with her flashlight before asking Stacey, "What do you think? Left or right?"

Stacey thought for a second and began to analyse each tunnel. She pointed to the right one. "Too many cobwebs, there's no way our entire family goes through there every month. Go left."

Cami nodded and led the way down the path, stumbling over a couple of rocks in the process. It felt as if they had been walking for miles before a metal door finally came into sight. This one had a padlock and several more spells than the others. Cami fiddled with the padlock while Stacey began to siphon the several spells. This door had taken much longer than the others, and Cami began to grow worried that their family might show up any minute.

"Stace, can you hurry it up?" She asked, looking down at the path they had just come from. A loud creak came from the door when Stacey had finally managed to strip it of its spells. Cami turned back to the door and opened it wider, revealing a dimly lit room and chains on the floor, but that wasn't what was most surprising in the room. Stacey and Cami's gaze were both locked onto the young girl who looked about 13. The young teenager was chained on the ground, her hands in shackles and her legs tied down.