Twenty Five.

"Tell me about your country then." I demanded, laying in the crook of his shoulder, staring up at the sky as we laid there. 

I'd complained about how shot I looked sat on the log. My legs were dangling whilst his were firm on the floor and as funny as it was, it was making me feel like a child. So I stood up and laid down. We'd spent hours just watching the clouds, pulling shapes out of thin air and laughing when the other couldn't see it, no matter how hard they squinted.

"Well what do you want to know?" 

"What's the weather like?" 

"Slightly warmer than here. It doesn't rain as much." 

"There are places where it doesn't rain?" I chuckled and he joined me. 

"There are!" I turned, leaning on him so I could see his face as I fiddled with the stem of grass in my hands. "There's a beach too." 

"What's a beach?" 

"You've never seen the sea? Felt sand?" 

"I don't think so? We're pretty inland and I don't really venture too far away."

"You'd love it. I shall organise for you to come stay with me if you'd like?" 

"Really?" 

"Would you like to?" 

"Maybe."

"Well I don't leave myself for another few weeks. We shall see how you feel closer to?" 

"Okay." I smiled and he let out a single breath. "What else?" 

"There's lots of meadows, bigger than this. Rolling hills fills with wild horses. It's a beautiful country. And I'm trying not to brag, I think it will suit you a lot better than the mountains." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah. You won't have to go as far with Romeo to get places similar to this."  His hand rested on my waist and I had to take a breath in. "It's pretty busy there though. The court is quite big. How do you think you'd handle that? I know you like your privacy." 

"I just like space to do the things I enjoy without being disturbed or judged or whispered about. That's the only reason I come out here so much."

"I can make sure you're never disturbed there. Don't worry." I smiled at him gently. "I'm glad Sebastian brought us lunch earlier. How did he know where we would be?" 

"Bash knows everything." I chuckled. "He knows me better than I give him credit for I think. I'm very grateful for him. He's a good man to have around." 

"You seem to have a good bond with him." 

"I do. We're pretty close. I'd class him as a friend." He nodded. 

"Would you want him to come with you? If we married?" I sighed.

"That would be his decision to make, not mine. His family is here. I'd love him to, but I can't force it on him. Plus his loyalty isn't to me, it's to my father." 

"Okay." He nodded abruptly. "And what about your ladies? Would they be coming too?" 

"I think so? They're my only friends and it's not like I'd know anyone anyway and they'd make it easier." 

"Okay, deal." He nodded. 

"What did I just agree too?" 

"To marry me." 

"I did not." I sat up. 

"I'm playing, darling." He pulled me back down onto him, my head landing on his shoulder, us looking at each other. "I wouldn't trick you like that. When I ask you, not if. When. You'll know that I'm asking. I will make it perfectly clear."