Thirty Nine.

"How was home?" I asked as I laid down into the crook of his elbow, looking into his eyes as we laid there. 

"It's fine. Wasn't as big of an emergency as they thought. A minor disruption but it's all cleared up now. They're excited to meet you at the wedding." 

"I'm excited too." I shivered. 

"You're cold again." He smiled sweetly, using his free hand to undo my cape and pull it from under me. "Here. Come closer." His arm lifted, forcing me into his chest as he pulled the cloak over our heads. "There. We will be more than warm enough now. And no one can see me kiss you." His eyes sparkled and I giggled. "I love when you giggle." 

"You say silly things. I can't help it." I played with the buttons on his jacket, my arms pushed between his chest so I couldn't move them in any other way. 

"You do silly things that make me say silly things." He chuckled and I laughed. "I'm going to kiss you now. Better than I will at the alter in 13 days so prepare yourself." I giggled at the anticipation of it and he smirked, shaking his head as he brought his lips to mine. 

Our kisses were a lot like this now. Hot, steamy. The ones in secret were anyway. They would slip from my mouth and start moving down my neck slowly. They were my favourite. Open mouth kisses that would steal all of my breath away. This time was different. It was more demanding. The open mouth kisses had teeth. Scratching at the surface of my skin, biting softly. 

A sharp intake of breathe made him groan into me as he rolled me onto my back, laying me softly on the grass.

"Ana." 

"Hmm." His lips were at my collar bone when he looked up at me. 

"What are you wearing under this shirt?" I looked down at him as he kissed me again.

"Just my slip and corset. Why?" His hands left my waist and unbuttoned the top of my shirt. "Theo. I don't think-" 

"We're not going to. I promise. I just need some room." He unbuttoned the first 3 buttons, slipping his hand inside and back around my back, under my clothes this time. This was fine. "Do you know how often I thought about you whilst I was away?" His lips returned to mine, speaking in between them, giving me a second to catch my breathe each time. "Specifically how much I thought about you at the lake. Soaked through. Your white underdress was hiding next to nothing." I could feel my face flushing red. "It took everything in me to hold back from you that day you know. To keep myself under control. But it's getting harder and harder the closer we get to our big day. And I don't know how much longer I can wait." 

He put his lips on mine, taking my bottom lip between his teeth and biting down. Not hard, but hard enough for a noise to leave me I'd never heard before. He dropped my lip and raised an eyebrow as my eyes got wide. 

"You like when I bite you?" I didn't move. Did I? My stomach was flipping out. I felt sick. "Make that noise again if you like when I do something. Got it?" I nodded as he pulled his hand out of the top of my dress. "We're essentially married now Ana. Everyone knows you're not going anywhere and because we're officially engaged, we can do whatever we like. Whatever you like." Cold air started hitting my legs as my skirt began rising. His lips were pushing into mine, taking away any anxiety I had. I wasn't worried about this being seen. Or about the consequences. He was right. We were essentially married. All but the dotted line right? 

He gripped my bare thigh tightly, biting down on my lip again as he kissed me. 

Another sound leaving my lips. 

"Fuck. Ana." He pulled off my lips and moved his head to the middle of my chest. "I'm so fucking glad I got that girl to kiss Christopher so I could be doing this right now." His hand moved higher. I slapped my hand onto him, pushing him off in an instant. 

"You did what?" 

"Ana-" 

"No. What did you say." I removed his hand from me, pulling my skirt down. Well in reality, I picked it up and threw it to my ankles, quickly rebuttoning my shirt. 

"Ana, darling calm down for me." 

"Are you fucking serious right now? You made that girl kiss him. How? Did you pay her?" 

"Yes, but-"

"No. No fucking buts." I pulled his family ring from my finger as I stood up, pulling my cloak off him as I threw it at him. "You're a disgrace." 

"Anastasia. Don't you dare leave." 

"Or what? You'll pay someone to break my fucking heart again. Do you know how much I've been hurting because of that?" 

"What else was I supposed to do? I knew you were going to choose him. It was obvious." 

"Until what you said that night it was in the air." 

"No it wasn't. It never was in the air. It was always going to be him Ana. And you knew it. What else was I supposed to to do convince you he's bad for you." 

"No. You're bad for me." I grabbed the reins, quickly putting them back on his horse. I didn't care if I didn't have a saddle or if this was unladylike. "If you tell anyone where your hand just was I'll take this fucking sword and run it straight through the center of your chest. Do you understand." 

"Don't be like this Ana. Stay here. Let me explain." 

"Get fucked Theodore." I pulled myself onto his horse. "Find your own way back. I don't care if the fucking wolves find you." 

"There's wolves? I-" I took off quickly before I could hear another fucking word.