Thirty Five.

It hadn't taken us long to put the plan together. Ask Chris in the forest as soon as possible, throw Percy a coronation ball, pull Theo off and ask him the same questions. Then I'm 'sick' until I find an answer. No contact with either them until I'd decided. Give me space to clear my head. 

Right now I just needed to focus on Chris. And getting his answers as to the point as possible. I was nervous to spend time with him today. I don't know but I was. I'd never been nervous around him, not really. But today I was biting the skin on my lip until I was bleeding. 

"Ana?" I turned around as he slipped off his horse. "Are you okay? Someone sent for me, saying to meet you here?" 

"I'm fine." I nodded, walking over quickly and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I just wanted to see you." 

"Darling, you're shaking. Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded into him as I buried my neck into his. "Ana, I've told you you're a terrible liar haven't I?" 

"I don't want to talk about it Chris. Please. Just-" I sighed and he hugged me tighter. "Let's not talk about it." 

"Okay. I'm going to ask Percy though. You know that right?" 

"He won't tell you." 

"Is this about the marriage thing." 

"No mention of that today. Please. I only have a few hours and I don't want to spend it getting even more confused." He put my feet back on the ground, taking a small step back, holding my arms whilst he looked over my face. 

"So it is?" I tilted my head and sighed at him. "You're right. Sorry you said you don't want to talk about it." He put on a stupid fake smile "What do you want to do?" 

"Anything that will take my mind off it for a while." He looked around, scowling. 

"Where's Bash?" I pointed behind me and Sebastian waved from where he was hiding behind a tree. "Did you bring lunch?" I turned my head back and Bash held out a bag. "Of course he did." He shook his head walking around me to grab the bag, pulling it over his shoulder. "We'll be up by the lakes. I've got my sword so we're fine but if we're not back by sundown-" 

"Don't worry I'll come hunt you down if she isn't." Bash emerged from behind the tree waving as Chris got back to me. 

"Come on." He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards his horse. He climbed up and then held a hand out for me, pulling me up quicker and easier than Theo had. He was definitely stronger. I wrapped my arms around his waist laying on him and squeezing my eyes shut like I had as a child. "I've got you Ana. Don't worry. You're safe." 

It only took us 10 minutes to get to the lake. Not the same one I'd brought Theo to luckily. This one was smaller, a wooded backdrop, smaller meadow and a rocky shore. He climbed down first, putting the bag down before helping me. He took the saddle and reins off the horse and left it to roam as it pleased. It had a really good recall. We wouldn't be stranded. 

I hadn't walked far when he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, pulling me into him. 

"It's just us out here okay? No Bash, No Percy, Theo doesn't exist. Just me and you. Just forget about everything else." 

"I want to but can I ask you some things first?" I looked back, my head turned as far as it could. "It might make things easier for me. But I need you to be honest because if you lie-" 

"I won't lie Ana." His sweet smile spread across his lips as he moved around me and sat down by my feet, pulling my hand, encouraging me to do the same. "Go ahead. Ask me whatever you want." 

"Okay um-" I sat on the side of my leg, staying as straight as I could. This wasn't comfortable. It would have to do. Why does this feel awkward? I feel on edge.