Twenty Six.

The early morning light was beautiful this morning. I couldn't help but let it pull me from bed before I needed to. 

A whole week had passed since our day in the meadow. We hadn't had the chance to run off since then, nor had we been alone long enough for a private conversation. Percy or Bash or the girls. Someone was always with us. I'm guessing my father didn't like that we had been alone for such a long time.

I pulled on the new dress I'd been wanting to wear, getting the chambermaid to help in tying me up. She obliged, obviously. Insisted even. I was glad. I just wanted the silence of the castle this morning. I wanted to play and sing with out being told I was going too long. And right now I was filled with so many over flowing emotions I needed the music to take some of it away. 

Tucking the dress under me as I sat down. The door was closed and I knew, with how heavy they are, very little sound would break out. I wouldn't be heard. 

I let my fingers brush along the keys, smiling as the sound broke through the room echoing and bouncing, filling every corner. A deep breath left my nose. A breath of relief. 

My fingers continued pressing keys in, playing my favourite song. There wasn't many options with singing. Some were just breaking out of the music scene but currently, it was just the music. I liked singing too. 

"Close enough to start a war
All that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for
All that I say, you always say more

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb I can't breathe." 

I let my fingers go a little wild, doing what they felt was right in between the lyrics. I related to the lyrics some what when it came to Chris. I heard the door close behind me. I wasn't breaking what I was doing for politeness. It was quiet. They probably don't think I know they're there. You can't sneak up on me. 

"So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables

Under haunted skies I see you
Where love is lost your ghost is found
I braved a hundred storms to leave you
As hard as you try, no I will never be knocked down
I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb I can't breathe

So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
Turning tables." 

Their footsteps drew closer, staying out of sight, though I knew they were close by. If they were enjoying this, I'd give them a show.

"Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own saviour
When the thunder calls for me
Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own saviour
Standing on my own two feet."

I took a deep breath, holding my fingers still on the keys for just a second before adding something a little more intense. I watched as they danced quickly over the keys and brought me back to the main tune for the final lyrics.

"I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables
Turning tables." 

I stopped my fingers on the last key. Taking in the oxygen I'd lost in the song. That felt just as good as I'd hoped it was when I walked down here this morning. The sunlight pouring through the windows onto my face had only made it better. I lived for summer. My favourite season. I loved the long days, the sunshine, the heat. Swimming in the lakes with the girls, picnics and reading with squinted eyes. 

And music. Music in the summer sun, the slight breeze through the cracked windows, blowing my hair off my face ever so slightly. Not so much to cause a chill but enough that I was comfortable. 

This moment was perfect. I closed my eyes and breathed it in. A smile on my lips as my face radiated in the heat. 

The person behind me cleared their throat. I'm guessing in hopes of not startling me. 

"You really shouldn't sneak up on people like that." I didn't open my eyes. 

"You knew I was here?" 

"Of course. I heard the door close." The footsteps moved and I moved up on the bench giving him room to sit. 

"I didn't know you played." I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Or sung." His morning smile was as beautiful as his evening one. "You keep finding ways to shock and surprise me." 

"I told you last week, the bag is a lot deeper than you think it is." 

"What else are you hiding?" 

"Wouldn't you like to know." I smirked, putting my fingers back on the keys and playing Leaves and Light. A delicate little song, perfect for our conversations. And it looked complicated, though it wasn't. 

"Yes I would." He nodded, watching my fingers on the keys. "When did you start playing?" 

"I can't say I remember. I've been doing it forever. Probably since I was 4 or 5 though. When I started my other classes." 

"What other classes?" 

"Latin, French, Spanish, Lady classes where I learned not to swear at gentlemen, and how to hold a glass correctly, horse riding, royal duties, sewing, guitar, reading, writing. Do you want me to go on?" He smiled, shaking his head. 

"That's a lot of classes." 

"You didn't have them?" 

"Not really. I had languages yeah, horse riding only took a week or two, I taught myself most things other than reading and writing, obviously. Royal duties were easy. I was always with my dad so I just picked them all up. I do most of it for him now he's older anyway."

"How old is he?" 

"Pretty old." He smirked. "How do you hold a conversation and do this. It looks so confusing." I giggles. 

"If you're impressed by that. Have you heard Für Elise?" 

"Beethoven right?"

"Yeah. Well I sat and put my own spin on it if you have like 10 minutes?" 

"I have all the time in the world for you Ana." I started playing, watching my fingers as they moved along the keys quickly. I glanced up at him every now and then between the odd few keys and he looked like I'd put him in a trance. 

I could see his eyes trying to follow mine and then looking up at me with nothing but shock on his face. Not a bad form of shock though. One that showed me he was amazed. I could see it now. As I sat here playing and looking between him and the keys. I'd captured not only his heart, but his entire being. 

This man was, as he had admitted last week, truly wrapped around my finger in a pretty little bow. I'd sunk myself into him and we weren't even married yet. I turned my attention to the keys, pressing quicker and bringing the speed up even more. I could hear his breathing, fast and deep like it had been when his tongue was in my mouth. 

He was really enjoying listening to me play.