1

Enjoy Reading

*********************************

In the silence of the night, a beautiful building, Rajvansh Villa, is standing proudly decorated like a bride. And why not it is the reception of the younger son of the Rajvansh family.

People from wealthy and influential families are roaming gracefully with drinks in their hands greeting and meeting each other with fake sweet smiles on their faces.

But among those fake smiles, one real smile is shining the brightest in the whole garden. Her soft lips curve in a genuine smile while she is talking with one of the guest. She turn her head slightly to find the particular person in the crowd.

She sigh internally before giving a smile to the person she was talking with and excusing herself.

"Preet!!" her head snapped at the sound.

"Hi Chhoti Ma," she ask the lady who was dressed in an elegant silk saree with minimal jewelry.

"Did you see Veer? I am looking for him for 15 minutes," the lady said in hurry.

"I will see," saying Preet run upstairs knowing very well where to find him, her husband.

She softly knock on the wooden door with a racing heart waiting for permission.

"Come in," comes a deep cold voice.

She fists her sweaty palms before twisting the knob of the door and slowly stepped inside. Her bangle and anklet make a very soft and soothing sound in the silence.

She clears her throat to show her presence in the silent room while her eyes are fixed at the back of the person standing near the huge glass window.

"Veer..." she whispers in her soft voice.

"Everyone is looking for you," she said while absentmindedly playing with her engagement ring.

"Hmm" he replies in his cold voice.

She didn't move or went out of the room, waiting for him.

He turn around slowly with a cigarette between his fingers and stares at her without any emotion. Well nothing new for her.

Then his eyes move all over her body and suddenly he felt something in his heart looking at her beauty. She is breathtakingly beautiful and he knows it very well. But he is not someone for whom looks matter. Looks are not everything. He always admires her for her simplicity and kind nature than that of her beauty.

"You shouldn't smoke," she states looking directly into his cold dead eyes.

He didn't say anything just simply smack the cigarette under his polished shoe.

"let's go," he said after fixing his coat. She nodded and follow him.

As they reached near the garden where the party is going, he forwards his hand to her. She smiles a little before placing her small hand on his big one.

Everyone's gaze turned toward the entrance as the couple entered hand in hand. Preet's cheek turns red feeling people staring at them.

They meet their guests together. Everyone praises them and blesses their beautiful bond.

"Bhabhi...thank God!! I was searching for you," Suddenly the young run toward them in hurry.

"What happened? Why are you running like this? You are groom, Aari," Preet said rolling her eyes at the young man.

"I need your help with my tie, Bhabhi," he said showing his messy tie.

She smack his head lightly and stepped near him to fix his tie.