24.

Enjoy Reading

_____________________________________

Preet smiled at Avni who was doing something on her laptop. Avni returned her smile.

"You come early today, Bhabhi," Avni asked, keeping her laptop aside.

"Hmm, I had no work there so come early. How are you now? I heard you were not well in the morning,"

"I am fine, Bhabhi. Don't worry. Just morning sickness," Preet nodded with a little smile.

"Go freshen up and rest for sometime," Avni told her, making Preet smile at her before she went upstairs.

She quickly changed her clothes after taking a shower and went down to prepare her and Veer dinner knowing their portion of food would not be considered in the family dinner.

Why keep her husband and herself hungry knowing no one cares about them. So just prepare food if that's what they want.

They had their dinner on their room balcony as Veer came late from home, around 11 pm.

Preet is staring at the dark sky aimlessly while sitting beside Veer as they are cuddling each other. His fingers caress her scalp, calming her restless mind.

Seeing her so lost and silent, Veer made her look up at him so that he could see her face.
"Is something bothering you?" She smiled and shook her head.

"Nothing is bothering me. I was just thinking," she said in a low voice as their voices would come loud due to the silent surrounding.

"What were you thinking? You can tell me," he told her, looking at her with an assured smile.

Preet hugged him, wrapping her arm around his torso and placing her face on his chest feeling his faint heartbeat.

"I was thinking how different our life would be if your parents were here with us," Veer smiled lightly, imagining the scenes in their house if his Mumma and Dad would be with him and Preet.

"It would be so much different and beautiful if Mumma and Dada were here," he told her in a daze as his mind replayed all his beautiful childhood memories in front of his eyes. Seeing a happy smile on his face, Preet also smiles.

"How were your parents? Did they love you? " He looks at her and smiles with slight glossiness in his eyes.

"They are the best parents in this world. They are really beautiful both inside and out. But Mumma was more beautiful even Dad agreed with me..." Preet smiled, feeling so much adoration in his voice for his parents.

"She was beautiful just like an angel. She is sweet and very warm. I love to hug her. Dad and I always trouble her and fight to stay with her. She used to get annoyed with us then we had to coax her," he chuckled, staring at the sky.

Preet lightly rubs his chest with her palm seeing him getting emotional in between.

"Did they love each other? " she asked curiously.

"Too much. They live for each other. They were the cutest couple I have ever seen. Even I felt jealous seeing them together. Dad never leaves her alone, and always sticks with her wherever she goes. He didn't even leave her in their last time and see how they left me alone here," He told her with a sad smile on his lips.

"They don't leave you alone, Veer. They will stay here, in your heart," Preet softly said, tapping his chest where his heart was.

"Your childhood must be really fun and wonderful, ..." she suddenly asked to divert his mind.