40.

Veer woke up suddenly feeling heaviness in his chest. He breathed furiously looking at the ceiling with teary eyes.
After a minute, he felt a slight movement beside him. He slowly turned his head to see Preet sleeping beside him hugging his arm.

He turned on his side and stared at her beautiful peaceful face and unconsciously his lips curved into a small smile.

He pulls her gently to him and hugs her close, feeling home in her warmth. He placed his lips on her hair and sighs, closing his eyes.

It has been a week since Veer joined a company while Preet is taking care of the house as there are lots of things to be done in the house but she fills up the grocery when Veer got half of his salary amount in advance.

"Veer eat something then get ready," Preet said, looking at him running around the room in hurry collecting his things as he is getting late for work.

"Preet I don't have time, love. Call me if you need something from the market. See you and take care," he gave her a quick peck on her cheek and ran out of the house without having his breakfast.

She looked at him through the window. He was standing beside the road and waiting for the auto while looking at his watch. She sighs looking at his breakfast plate which has bread butter and a cup of coffee.

When she looked outside the window, he was not there anymore.

Taking a deep breath she went to the kitchen to clean it as in hurry she made it messy.

She was sitting on the stairs in the garden after eating her lunch. Suddenly a ball fell in the garden from her neighboring house.

She frowned with a smile on her face and walked to it and took the colorful ball in her hands.

"Aunty…"  She heard a cute voice. And turn her head to see a cute girl around 4 or 5 years old.

She tried to peek from the boundary that separates their houses.

As Preet looked at her while she was grinning cutely at her. Preet chuckled at her cuteness.

"Aunty, that is my ball," she sheepishly said, pointing to the ball in Preet's hands.

"I was playing with it but it flew away. Sorry Aunty," she cutely apologized, making Preet aww at her good manners and cute face.

Preet walk near her and softly asked,
"What's your name princess?" Preet asked.

The little smile and said,
"Ridhi,"

"Wow! Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Here is your ball, dear," Ridhi smiled widely and took her ball.

"Thank you, pretty Aunty," as she said Preet looked at her in amusement and chuckled as she ruffled her hair.

Ridhi giggles loudly and runs inside her house after waving at her.

There was affectionate smile on Preet face as she shake her head at the little girl and turn to go inside. But suddenly her smile fell thinking she may never be able to hear the cute giggling in her home. A tear fell from her left eyes which she quickly wiped.
She closed her eyes and told herself not to think much about it.

"Coming!!!" Preet shouts as she comes out of the kitchen hearing the doorbell.

She smiles beautifully seeing Veer as she opens the door. His face is red and sweaty due to hot weather. She took the vegetable bag from him after opening the door fully.

She ran into the kitchen with vegetables while Veer sat on the sofa tiredly and fanned himself as it was really hot outside.

"Here," Veer opens his eyes and looks at her holding a glass of water for him.