27

Preet slowly opened her eyes with difficulty. Her head feels heavy as she opens her eyes. She let out a tired sigh and blinked her eyes to clear her vision.

"Finally you wake up," she turned her head hearing a familiar voice to find Anaya sitting on the sofa near the window.

She frowns seeing her and tries to sit on the bed but screams in pain as she unknowingly puts pressure on her wrist.

"Aish…" Anaya ran to her seeing her painful expression. And took her hand in her.

Preet groans in pain and looks at her hand to see it wrapped in a crepe bandage.

"Who did this?" Preet asked although she knew but still to confirm.

"Of course, ..me. If you remember, I am studying medicine, " Anaya said, rolling her eyes at her.

Preet looks down at her as she lightly caresses her wrist.
"Thank you,"

"Don't thank me. I know help in the morning so now we are even," she said in her ever arrogant tone.

"Take the painkiller. It will help. Did you eat something," Preet shook her head at her.

Anaya sighed and said,
"I will send someone with your food then you can eat medicine,"

"No one will do that. Your mother threatened everyone not to do any of my work," she told her looking at her with a blank face.

Anaya looked at her with a frown not believing her mother could do something like this.

"Stop lying. Why would she do that?" Preet smiled and let out a humorless chuckle.

"That you should ask her, " Anaya looked at her face and went out of the room.

Preet got down off the bed and walked inside the washroom to freshen up.

Sitting on the bed, she takes her phone and sees 6 missed calls from Veer.

She calls him back but his call goes to voice mail.

Thinking he might be busy, she stops calling him and orders food online. She felt like fainting at any time due to extreme hunger.

She went downstairs by taking support from the wall and railing. As she reaches there, Urmila and Sumitra are talking but stop seeing her. Preet walked past them and taking the parcel, she walked into the kitchen.

Anaya came down the stairs in a hurry and went outside after telling Urmila that she was going out.

After eating the food, Preet put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. She started cleaning the table as she was the last one to eat.

Suddenly she leaves the cleaning towel on the towel and runs inside the kitchen covering her mouth with her palm.

Urmila and Sumitra look at her before Sumitra realizes something. She can hear her throwing up. Her eyes widened in shock at the reason for her state.

She looks at Urmila, who is still looking confused.

"This should have happened?" She whispered in shock.

"What Ma? What are you looking like this?" she asked in confusion.

Preet comes out of the kitchen with a tired pale face. She sighs deeply, feeling exhausted after throwing up everything she just eats.

Her stomach couldn't take spicy food after a whole day of hunger. That is why she avoids outside food. Even her own restaurant food didn't suit her.

She placed her palm on her tummy feeling pain there and lightly rubbed it to feel better.