37.

Flashback

A young man around 24 years old looks inside the hospital room through a glass window. He has unshredded tears in his eyes as his intense gaze fixed on the small dedicated figure lying on the bed with tubes and wires attached to her body.

"Ranveer, police caught the culprit," His father said from behind making his jaw clench and his whole body started shaking in rage.

"Where is he?" he asked in a low, dangerous voice as turn to look at his father.

"Ranveer control yourself. The police are there to punish him, don't take law in your hand," his father tried to make him understand by seeing the fire in his eyes.

"I will kill him, Dad. I will not leave for hurting my Naina, for destroying her life. He will see the hell," He angrily whispered as angry tears flowed down his eyes.

He glances at Naina's unconscious form for a second before turning to go away but he stops hearing his mother's broken voice.

"Don't be reckless Ranveer. Think calmly. At least think about Naina. She needs you Ranveer. She needed her best friend right now. Don't do something in anger that will get you in trouble. You can deal with other things later," hearing his mother's words, he thought for a minute before sitting on the bench outside the Naina's.

Damini came to him and sat beside him. She caresses his back making him let out a shaky breath.

Tears again appear in his eyes as he looks at his mother with a broken look.

"Ma…Naina. How can someone be so cruel to-" he cried holding his mother Damini's hands tightly.

"Ma, they rape my Naina. They kill my Naina's soul. How will I face her? I couldn't protect my only best friend," Damini hugged his son and cried with him.

Naina is like a daughter to Damini, that she never had. She has known her since childhood as she and Ranveer were friends since they were 12.

Damini looks at her husband with tears who shakes his head telling her not to fell weak.

They suddenly stood up when they saw the doctor was coming toward them.

"Doctor, when will she wake up? It's been two weeks since she is unconscious," Damini asked worriedly.

"Ma'am we can't do anything. She is in trauma and it seems she didn't want to fight. It's all depend on her and god," Ranveer felt numb and without thinking anything he ran inside the room and hugged Naina who has been in deep sleep for two weeks.

"Naina please wake up yaar. Why are you troubling me? I will listen to all your babble and will never stop from eating my food and cursing me. But just open your eyes," He cries, hugging her tightly.

"I will not leave that monster, Naina. He will regret coming to the world. That is my promise to you, Naina," he said with determination in his eyes.

"Your this stupid bodyguard failed to protect you. I am sorry, Yaar. Forgive me for not being with you when you are fighting for yourself. I will die with this guilt, Naina," he softly said looking at her dull face.

"Enough of your acting, Naina. Wake up right now or I..I won't talk to you ever," he firmly said cupping her face softly.

He saw tears roll down from the corner of her eyes and felt her chin tremble.

"Naina.." he calls softly caressing her hairs.

"Ra..nve.er," she breathed out, then took a long deep breath.