23

Pinning Preet against the pillar, Veer looks at her with a glare. She also glared back with a cute angry face.

"You will not touch any work from now on, understand?" she puffs her cheek showing her resistance.

"Preet!! " He called her sternly, making her sigh loudly.

"You can't do that. I love doing things for our family," she softly said.

"Your thought is enough that you care for them. And we have servants in our house for a reason. I can't see my wife getting insulted in front of everyone just because she cares too much about others," He told her looking at her face.

"I will just hel-" she tried to make him understand.

"I am not hearing anything. Still, if you want to go against then go ahead I won't stop you. But think from my point of view. I can't go and insult Choti Ma back because she and Chote Papa have done so much for me. They raise me after my parents. Also, I can't tolerate her hurting you. So for the sake of my peace, just hear me this time and try to stay away from her. She is not bad but her behavior with you is something I appreciate. Think of it as my request," Preet look at his face and cup his face.

"Don't say like this, Veer. I will do whatever you say," she said and smile at him.

"Just don't be sad," She whispered hugging him gently.

She looks at his face and perks his lips while still wrapping her arms around his torso.
"You don't look good while requesting," he raised his eyebrows at her with a small smile.

"As if you will listen and follow my order," he said her making her giggle.

"True,.." she said and giggled.

He looks at his watch and then looks at her smiling face.
"I should leave for the office now," he whispered and kissed her forehead

She sigh softly feeling his lips on her forehead and nodded.

"When are you leaving for work?"

"I will go late today," he nodded.

Preet remove her arms around him. He smiles and bid bye before walking toward his car. She walks him to his car and opens the backseat door for him.

He looks at her in amusement while she smiles cheekily and gestures him to go inside the car with her eyes. He chuckle at her and placed a long kiss on her cheek. She giggles happily.

"Take care," he said from inside the car. She closes the door and bends toward him through the window.

"You too. I will wait for you," she softly said with a loving smile on her face.

He gives her his charming smile before his car drives off and soon disappears from her sight.

Preet was going toward her room when suddenly Anaya came in front of her, coming out of her room with her shoulder bag.

Preet looked at her and was about to walk past her. Anaya smirks looking at Preet's blank face.

"Someone is looking happy nowadays. Good progress I must say, dear Bhabhi. Hope now you will stop meddling in my life," At last her voice turned harsh.

Preet ignore her shitty words and walked ahead but she heard her mocking chuckle and words,
"God knows what sweet lies she fed Bhai. Miss innocent drama, " Anaya scoffs with a chuckle after saying loudly, so Preet can hear her before.

Preet, so, wanted to give a tight slap on her face to stop her from behaving like the spoiled brat that she is.

It's not like Preet hate her or something. No, she cared for her as Veer does. Also, she is not that bad except with her. She loves and respects Veer, she knows that. It's just that Preet is special to her. And her only target in the whole family. She just stops her from spoiling her life and interferes a few times seeing her careless behavior. But she didn't like her interfering and stopping her from destroying her life and career. Hence, she mocked and said hurtful words to Preet.