41.

Urmila is sitting alone at the dining table with a dull face. She waited for everyone for an hour now but no one came.

The servant placed her breakfast in front of her. She looked at the fruit salad and French toast but her appetite died now.

Tears formed in her eyes remembering the old time when her whole family used to eat together with little chit chatting and jokes they shared.

She blinked back her tears and looked up but a smile appeared on her seeing Aarav coming inside the dining room.

"Aarav beta, it's good that you come. Come sit I will serve your breakfast," she happily said as her eyes brightened up.

"No need Mom, I am here to take Avni and my breakfast. I was getting late to work," he coldly said, making her smile disappear.

"Malti didi, did you prepare my and Avni breakfast?" he asked, ignoring Urmila's sad face.

"Ji Aarav, Baba, here," Taking the breakfast from her, he was about to go but Urmila stopped him.

"Why are you doing this? I just want my children's well being. Is it a crime?" She asked in a broken voice.

Aarav turn to her and chuckle humorlessly,
"By doing injustice with Bhai, really Mom! I never thought you could be this evil. He did so wrong with Bhai and Bhabhi, so wrong," his hard tone surprised her as look at him with hurtful eyes.

"And it's not a crime but a sin in my eyes. He did so much hard work for this empire to take it to the height of success. I don't deserve this, I am not capable of doing what he did. He is the reason that you are enjoying this lavish and luxurious life. It cost him the crucial year's of his teenage and adulthood when he used to spend his days and nights in the company to take our business out of misery. But you people never appreciate his efforts. No one cares if he eats or not, sleep or not. He called you Choti Ma, right? But tell me Mom, if you have done anything to him for the sake of the title of mother he gave. You want me to rule the Rajvansh Empire right? Okay then from today I am a businessman only, for you," Saying Aarav looked at her blankly and went upstairs.

Urmila stares at where Aarav was standing a few seconds before. A tear fell from her eye.

Anaya, who was standing in the middle of the stairs, looked at her but then sighs sadly before leaving the house. She is also not happy with what her mother's doing. She may not like Preet but she always respects Veer. He is a great brother.

Preet opened the door for Veer and smiled at him but he didn't return her smile as usual. She frowned seeing his emotionless face. He stepped inside gently pushing her aside.

"Veer!?" she calls him softly in a worried tone. But he ignored her call and went upstairs to their room.

"What happened to him? He isn't looking good," she thought and went to the kitchen to prepare a strong coffee for him.

As she entered the room, he came out of the bathroom with a towel around his hips. She bit her lips, feeling her inside hot at his sight.

She looked at his face and now she is getting scared, looking at his blank eyes.

"Veer, Coffee. You seem tired. Are you okay?" she asks worriedly as she places the coffee mug on the table and holds his hands softly.

Veer looked away and pulled his hand from her hold. He walked up to the cupboard and took out his clothes and wore them.

She felt hurt at his sudden ignorance. While her heart beat faster in fear at his sudden change in his behavior.

"Veer, is something-"