11

Enjoy Reading

*********************************

Veer looks at the closed door of the hospital room where the doctors are treating Preet. Closing his eyes tightly, he run his hand down his face feeling extremely heavy and restless.

Again and again, the lifeless body of Preet is coming in front of his eyes. And all the hateful words he said to her and how badly he behaved with her in the past making his inside clenched in regret and his hatred for himself increases hundred time more in his heart.

She is in hospital and fighting for her life just because of him. He cover his face with his palms feeling his eyes burning with hot tears but he didn't let them fell.

She is right. He always destroys the life of people who comes into his life. He meant to be alone. He shouldn't let Preet in his life. He is a curse as she said. A bad omen.

His mind whispered making his jaw clench in pain and helplessness.

"Mr. Rajvansh," the nurse called pulling him out of his thoughts. He stood hurriedly and walk near the doctor who just comes out of the room.

"How is she?" he asked to the doctor. The doctor sigh and looking at his concerned expression, Veer get more anxious.

"Mr. Rajvansh, her condition is not good and her body temperature is very low, we are trying our best. Let wait and see how her body is responding to the treatment," his heart dropped upon hearing his words. His breath stop at the thought of Preet's condition.

"Can I see her?" he asked and looking at the closed door of her room.

"Of course. But she is still unconscious," saying that the doctor walked away.

Slowly pushing the door open, Veer step inside the room which was literally burning due to her as it was warming up her body. Suddenly his whole attention shifted in the center of the room where his wife is lying lifelessly surrounded with wires and machines. With slow and heavy step, he walked toward her bed and sat beside her bed on the stool.

The sight of her red pale face and closed eyes made his heart pinch in distress. The slow beeping sound of the heart monitor is echoing in the silent room.

He raised his right hand slowly and softly hold Preet's hand. His inside clenched painfully feeling her skin cold even at this high temperature.

She is looking so peaceful and serene in her sleep. He sigh as the heavy feeling of guilt isn't leaving his mind looking at her face.

"What have you done to yourself, huh? Why are you so careless...Now you are not waking up. Don't be too stubborn...,pl..please wake up. I know you are angry with me but don't be like this, " he lovingly said caressing the back of her palm softly. For the first he is showing emotions in front anyone.

"Are you punishing me like this, then don't coz I don't even deserve your anger . You know sometime I use to think how I get so lucky to have a person like you. You are too good to be mine," he smiles sadly and lightly stroke the hair from her forehead.

His hand slowly move to her face and lightly gaze at her soft cheek and an admiring smile broke into his face staring at her face.

He keep sitting beside her while looking at her with soft and worried eyes eagerly waiting for her to open her eyes but even after an hour when she didn't move or open her eyes he got anxious.

He head snap when the door of the room suddenly opened. He turn his face to find his brother and Avni standing there.

Veer informed Avni about Preet being in the hospital.