2

Enjoy Reading

*********************************

Veer looked at Preet who is looking down with her red cheek. His hands on the side of her hips gently stroking her bare soft skin.

His heart is beating in a crazy speed against his chest at their proximity. He unconsciously pulls her closer making her breath hitch at his sudden move.

The soft song playing in the background making him feel some unknown emotions inside him.

Getting too much overwhelmed with all these feelings due to their proximity, he gently hold her bangle clad wrist and remove them from his shoulders before moving back from her.

His inside twisted in pain seeing the slight glossiness in her eyes. He quickly turn around and walk away from there leaving her alone and heartbroken again.

With a drink in his hand, Veer is standing between the guests talking about business and politics. Suddenly his gaze fell on Preet who was standing with Aarav and Avni. She giggle making a cute face when Aarav whisper something in her ear while smirking at Avni, who roll her eyes at him. He must be teasing or annoying Avni. Veer shakes his head at his brother and Avni's banter which never ends.

Taking a look at Preet's smiling face, he again turn his attention back to guests .

.

.

"Beta, you go. We will manage the remaining work,"

"It's okay Kaki," Preet said giving soft smile to the house helper while arranging the gift and sweets.

"Veer Baba must be waiting for you. It's almost midnight, beta. You should rest you are working since morning nonstop. Go rest," Their house help said taking the sweet boxes from her hand and glare when she open her mouth to protest.

Preet sigh defeatedly and make her way upstairs toward their bedroom.

As she opens the door, she stiff in her place near the door staring at the half-naked Veer who has his phone pressed against his ear.

He move to the balcony seeing her nervous in his presence.

Preet look at his naked upper body and his muscles flexing as he run his fingers through his dark silky hair.

Slapping her forehead as she is shamelessly drooling at his super sexy body and rush inside the closet with her heart beating crazily inside her ribs.

.

.

Preet came out of the washroom with a towel in her hand while drying her wet hair. She glanced at Veer who is now in his t-shirt and sweats then look at the mirror.

She hates this silence between them. But she couldn't blame anyone for this. It's their fate to be blamed for. Their married life is complicated. He is forced to marry her whereas she, she happily said yes to their relationship knowing his kind and selfish nature. He is a well-known personality in the business world and she always admires him for his hard work and dedication and down-to-earth nature.

She closes her eyes remembering what had happened on their wedding night.

(Past)

Standing in the middle of huge room of her husband, Preet move her eyes around the beautiful and classy room. To add on the beauty of the room, the room is decorated with flowers, lights and fragrance candles as it was their wedding night.
She raise her hand, causing her bangle to make noise, to touch the flower curtain around the king size bed. She turns crimson thinking it is for their first night and bite her lower lips in shyness.