29

After the police case incident, everything turned worse than before. Although Damini and Rajveer didn't say anything to Preet, they turned cold and mostly ignored her presence. 

But Urmila starts torturing her with her words and completely prohibits her from meeting Avni and even warns Avni to not talk with her if she respects her for even a bit.

Veer knows about their cold behavior but he has no clue about the emotional suffering Preet is going through in his house. He stays in the office the whole day so all these things are hidden from him. She also did not tell him as he came home tired and she didn't want to worry him and give him stress for these useless things. 

Thinking it was their anger toward her because of her parents, she tried not to take them to her heart and ignored Urmila's taunts at her. 

Sumitra was enjoying all this. And feeling peace seeing Preet silently suffering. And why not after all she is behind all this. She is the one who sent her injury photos to her parents and misled her parents about Rajvansh. 

Preet comes inside the room with their breakfast. She looks at Veer getting ready for the office after she places the tray on the table. 

She served his breakfast on a plate. And walk to him. 

"First have your breakfast," she told him, making him shake his head. 

"I can't preet. I am late. A very important client is coming today," he said and took his phone and slipped his wallet in his pocket.  

She looked at him searching for his car keys. Taking the keys from bed, she forwards them to him. 

"Thank you,"

He smiled at her.

"I feel like raising a baby," she muttered, adjusting his tie properly. He chuckled at her.

"I am just preparing you for our future," She slapped his chest lightly while smiling shyly.

"Make sure to eat something in the office," he nodded and kissed her cheek.

"I will,.. Don't  worry.  I should go now. I will be late today…" she blinked her eyes.

He gives a small peck on her lips and walks out of their room.

Her smile fell looking at him going away. She sigh sadly and looked at the breakfast getting cold. 

She although didn't feel like eating but she doesn't want to waste food so she eat breakfast before went to get ready to go her restaurant.  

While going down she saw Avni sitting in the living room and eating fruits. She smiles seeing her cutely eating the fruit like a baby. 

As she reached down, she opened her mouth to ask about her health but Urmila entered. 

"Avni beta go to your room," she said softly to Avni then looked at Preet blankly. 

It's hurt Preet so much, breaking her heart seeing her behavior toward her. 

"But mom…" 

"Avni, go. I don't want anyone's evil eyes on you and baby. I am just protecting you," she told her hurting preet than she is.

Avni looked at Preet with sadness and went to her room. 

Preet walked away with her broken heart. 

Few days later

Sumitra saw Preet coming out of the kitchen with fruit salad in her. She noticed a few pieces of Papaya in the salad bowl and frowned.