47.

Veer opened the door of the cab and helped Preet out of the car. After paying the fare, they walk toward the house while Veer has his arms wrapped around her to help her and support her in walking.

They stepped inside after he opened the lock and made her sit on the sofa carefully. Preet sighs in pain as her side is paining while walking.

Veer went inside the kitchen and came back with a glass of water for her. She drinks the water then places the glass on the table and leans against the backrest of the sofa.

"Let go to the room, so you can rest," she nodded and stood up holding his hands.

She slowly started walking with his support. He tried to pick her up but her wound hurt badly. So he couldn't pick her up.

She sat on the bed and sighed in content before looking at him with a small smile.
"I feel really good now," he chuckled at her and kissed her forehead.

"You rest. I will go prepare our lunch, hmm," He told her but she looked at him with narrow eyes.

"What about your office?" she asked fearing he missed his work because of her.

"I am on leave. My boss happily gave me leave for a week because I managed to secure a huge project for the company, so yeah.. " he said, shrugging off. She nodded and then gave him a proud smile.

"So proud of him. Although it's nothing for my smart and sharp-minded husband," she proudly said which made him happy as she appreciated his work which no one ever did, no matter how much he worked hard or got a billion-dollar deal.

"Okay…now rest I will be back with our food," saying he ran out of the room in a hurry. Preet smiles and closes her eyes to give her body rest.

Sitting in the living room, Veer was giving medicines to her after they had a light lunch. They frown as their bell rings. They shared a look before Veer stood up and went to open the door.

As he opened the door, he saw a little girl standing in front of him with little white flowers in her hand. She grins cutely while looking up at him.

"Hello, tall uncle..I am Riddhi," she said, making his eyebrows raise in amusement.

Her smiling cute face melted his heart,
"Yes, Miss…how may I help you?" he asked.

"I am here to meet, Angel Aunty. Is she here?" she cutely asked.

"Angel aunty?" Veer frowned as he looked at her with a questioning look.

"Veer, who is there?" comes Preet's voice.

Veer notices the little girl's face brighten up hearing Preet's voice.

She ran inside the house lightly pushing him. Veer was stunned at her move and opened his mouth but then huffed as she laughed cutely.

He walks behind her and finds her sitting with his wife. He saw them talking while smiling. Then he remembers she is the same girl he once found Preet talking with, in the garden.

"Who is he, Angel aunty?" she asked Preet, furrowing her forehead as she pointed toward Veer.

Preet chuckles at her and then looks at Veer, who is silently listening to their talk sitting on the one seater sofa.

"He is my husband," the little girl gasped, then looked at Preet with big eyes. Both Preet and Veer chuckle at her expression.

"What happened?" Preet asked, still smiling at her.

"He is pretty," she whispered to Preet, making Preet laugh at her. Veer frowned as he couldn't hear her.

"Really?!" Preet asked, making her bobble her head.