51.

"You know Mumma and Dad got married because of me. They were best friends and had known each other since childhood. They didn't have any romantic feelings toward each other from the beginning. In fact, Dad was already engaged to Choti Ma's elder sister. They were happy and everything was normal in their life when suddenly one day Dad found Mumma in her house in the worst condition with her clothes torn," Veer gulped a heavy feeling, not wanting to imagine the pain his mother had to go through.

Preet shivers at the thought and tears up knowing what had happened to her. This is the most horrible and terrifying thing.

She looks at Veer who is blankly staring at the sky but she doesn't fail to notice his trembling hand.

"When the doctor told Dad that she was being forced, he broke down. Everyone was feeling bad for her and her pain. But Dad being the closest to her, get affected most. Everyone including Dadi, Dadu, Chote Papa and Dad tried their best to help her to come out of the trauma. And somewhere got success but then the news of her being pregnant again pushed her into the pit of depression. But that's when Dad proposed to her to marry him and he was ready to accept her baby and give him his name. He was an angel just like my Mumma. He was my and Mumma's savior. But Deepti who was Dad's fiance and Choti Ma's sister went crazy as she loved him so much and could take when Dad and Mumma got married. That's when she and Sumitra started taunting my mother and would humiliate her by calling her name. It keeps going like this for years. Deepti turned more aggressive and almost lost her mind. And her mother thought Mumma and I were responsible for her daughter's condition. Her hatred for Mumma and me kept on increasing. When I was 5, Deepti shouted at me and slapped me for destroying her life. She calls me names and curses me. She used to physically and mentally torture me and when I used started crying she just cover my mouth almost choke me and threatened to kill me if I told anyone about her. That really disturbed me badly. One day, She and Sumitra suddenly showed up at my school. And they told everyone I am a bastard, whose father left him. I got angry at her and shouted at her saying I have my Dad, he is my father but instead they started laughing and mocking me saying Dad was not my real father. He was just keeping me because of Mumma. And that Dad killed my real father, which was true," Preet was shocked hearing that but Veer smiled proudly, thinking of his Dad, who killed that inhuman creature.

"This new information and their mocking and taunts outraged me. So reaching home I started demanding my answers from him who were shocked at my behavior. I then ran out of the house in anger while crying and Dad followed me behind calling me. When suddenly he was hit by the huge truck in order to save. I got faint falling hard on the side of the road. While on the side Mumma who was seeing my behavior and panicked when I ran out. She started running down the stairs but slipped on the stairs. Her rib got broken and stabbed her lung. She was two months pregnant at that time. They both left me, Preet. All because of me. I kill them and my unborn sibling," Preet shook her head, biting her lips hard to control herself from crying.

Veer smiled weakly with tears flowing down from his eyes. He stares at the sky and points at two bright stars blinking beside each other.

"There they are, Preet. Dadu told me, they become stars because they are beautiful souls. I know it sounds childish…," he chuckled, wiping his tears and sniffing back his tears.

"But I believe it," Preer also wiped her tears and smiled at this and looked at the stars before looking at his face.

"Who is Mumma star and Daddy star?" she asked innocently, looking stars.

Veer chuckled softly at this look at her face which genuinely seemed confused.

"You become mad staying with me," he whispered, making her look at him.