36

Things are going well in Veer and Preet's life. They are still trying to manage their new lifestyle. Things are not hard but they are also not easy for them. 

Their day started with cleaning the house and then after taking a bath, they would have their breakfast. Or sometimes they would skip it due to a shortage of options and things. But Preet makes sure to make a little heavy lunch due to Veer as he needs a heavy diet at least once in a day.

The best thing that happened to them this week is that Veer got a job. Although it is not unexpected to Preet. She knows he would easily get any job with the level of qualification and experience he has. He won businessman of the year for two consecutive years, for a reason. But still she was really happy when he gave her this news.

Although, salary package is not very huge, it is enough for them to live a decent life. And that's what they want.

"Is it important to go?" Veer asks for the nth since morning.

Preet looks at him through the mirror while rolling her eyes at him.

"Yea…now if you ask me one more then I will make Bindi for dinner," she threatened, making him look at her in disbelief.

"God, ..I shouldn't have told you about my weak point," he exclaimed, narrowing his eyes at her.

She chuckled and turned toward him after she felt satisfied with her look. She is wearing a simple cotton saree, which she found in one of the cupboards two days ago.  She knows it belongs to her mother in law.

"Let's go or we will be late for your appointment," he sighs loudly and holding her hand, they leave for the hospital

When they were leaving the house, Preet noticed a few women from neighbour, were looking at them with curious eyes. She looked down feeling weird under their eyes.

They took the auto for the hospital. Preet giggled seeing Veer sitting so stiff, holding the rod tightly in fear. He never experienced this in his whole life.

As soon as they reach their destiny, Veer quickly comes out of the auto, holding his head. He felt dizzy due to the adventure ride of the auto.

"God…what was that?" Veer murmured in shock after Preet paid the fare.

This makes her laugh. She held his forearm and started walking inside the hospital.
"Did you enjoy the ride, hubby?" He glared at her playfully as she bite her lower lip to stop herself from laughing.

"I told you I was fine," He said as they were walking out of the hospital.

"But I can't take a chance," she told him but suddenly her eyes went behind him and widened.

Veer frowns and looks at his back to see Aarav and Avni looking at them in surprise.

Veer froze in his place looking at Aarav whose eyes filled with unshed tears. Preet holds his hand and lightly squeezes it.