10

Enjoy Reading

*********************************

"What happened to you? You are looking so dull and tired today," one of the waitress of her restaurant asked observing Preet's silent behavior since she step here.

"Nothing, just feeling little tired and weak," Preet sigh while pressing her forehead from side feeling light headache.

The lady touch her forehead and shook her head giving disappointed look to Preet.
"Preet, you are having fever," Preet didn't say anything just nodded at her.

"You should rest at home instead of working," Preet smile slightly at her and said,
"Don't worry, Anu. I will be fine. You go see the customers," she send her away.

As she was alone the smile on her face fell. She place her head on the counter and look at the paper in daze where she was editing their restaurant menu.

"Preet ma'am, I restock the store room. You can check the items," one of the worker said to Preet as she was going toward the store area.

 You can check the items," one of the worker said to Preet as she was going toward the store area

"I am going there. You can leave now," the boy left from there while Preet take stairs to go underground store area. The store area is just below the kitchen of the restaurant to ease the supply of items and ingredients for cooking.

The whole underground floor is used for storing various items for the restaurant.

Preet was busy checking the stock while looking at the list in her phone.

"Who keep this boxes here instead of cold store?" she sigh looking at the boxes of dairy product.

She open the cold store door with difficult as it was heavy. She one by one took the boxes inside the room which is freezing making her body shiver badly.

As she placed all the boxes in the corner of the room where all the diary product is store.

"I need take good of these people for creating all this mess and wasting so much food," she lightly scold looking at the scattered and tore packets of frozen peas on the floor.

She began collecting them and separated the tore packed from others. She nicely arrange them on the self and look around the room to if everyone is fine or not.

She rub her hands feeling extremely cold and decide to go out after she make sure everything is in place. As she try to slide the door to open but it didn't move. She again try but again fail. She get scared at the thought of being locked there.

She slam her palm on the door while shouting,
"Hello, Is anyone there!?" she yell loudly slapping the door but she didn't hear anything from outside. Her lips are trembling badly due to cold.

She felt her heart drop at the thought of stuck in this freezing room. Tears formed in her scared eyes and she again started shouting loud for help.

"PLEASE HELP ME!! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!!" She started trembling badly as the coldness seeps into her skin making entire body cold like ice.
Goosebumps appears all over her body due to fear and low temperature.