Betrayal

Alright, we're going to start to see the conflict rising between our couple. We all know Aegon isn't the best when it comes to his behavior and, while I've made him nowhere near as horrible as the show or books, we're about to see the negatives... Forgive me.

"Please, Jace! I'm begging you!" Visaera dropped down to her knees in front of him, folding her hands as if she was praying to her little brother

"Please, Jace! I'm begging you!" Visaera dropped down to her knees in front of him, folding her hands as if she was praying to her little brother. Undignified as it was, she was not above begging if her brother agreed to help her.

"Visaera, I really can't! He's too small to saddle two!" Jace insisted.

"He's been living completely free-range on the island. Dragons grow far faster that way than they do in the pits," she argued. "You know he can fit us both. You've taken Baela flying before! Besides, if we don't go on dragonback it will take me days to get there and back!"

"What does that have to do with me? You're the one who wants to go! Why should I risk being punished for your stupidity?" he countered.

"Please, Jace. Please just do this one thing for me, for your big sister. I promise I will never ask for anything ever again!" Jacaerys sighed and shook his head, muttering to himself.

"Alright, fine!" Visaera let out a squeal as he relented. "But we have to loop around Dragonstone first and make sure Vermax can hold our weight." The princess pulled him into a bruising hug, kissing him on the cheek.

"Thank you, thank you!" Now the pair had another secret between them...

On the morning of the new moon, Visaera mumbled an excuse about walking the beach down to the village and slipped out of the castle, praying that their parents would not notice her absence for the afternoon. She met Jace near the Dragonmont and he reiterated that they had to make sure Vermax could support them before they left.

As her mother always did, Jace helped secure her to the saddle, reminding her to always listen to him while on dragonback. Visaera was eager to be on the way, but she listened to his instructions and nodded.

The green dragon struggled to achieve liftoff with their weight, for only a moment, then he was pushing up and into the skies and Visaera let out a cry of glee. As she had predicted, the dragon had grown much faster having free reign of the island and its resources. As they looped the island, Vermax didn't seem critically encumbered and Jace finally announced that they were making for King's Landing.

"You know this is a bad idea," he reminded her, "You can always change your mind...."

"I know," she agreed, "but it's my life, Jace, and, for once, I want to make the most of it." He merely snorted at her.

"That's all swell, Vis, but why do you want mother to have my head along with yours?" She laughed and leaned back against her brother.

"I promise, Jace, I will return the favor someday; whatever you need." He merely hummed and acknowledgment. The pair flew the rest of the way in silence.