You Were Made For Me, As I Was For You (Aegon Only Ending)

Maester Gerardys kept Visaera asleep for three days to ensure she had enough rest. She attended breakfast and Aemond watched to ensure she ate, but she was quiet, too quiet. Later, he found her in the back corner of the gardens, hidden behind the hedges where she loved to sit with Aegon when they were children. On the ground, Visaera sat with her chin on her knees and her arms wrapped around her legs. The weather was unpleasant, threatening rain, and Aemond could tell she was shivering.

"What are you doing out here, Vis?" he asked softly.

"Aemond, I can't marry you." Her words hit him like a blow to the chest and he sucked in a deep breath, trying to remain cal.

"Alright, why is that?" he asked.

"Because you don't love me..." she replied sadly. Saying the words only made the hole in her chest feel bigger and she hid her face in her arms. Aemond snorted.

"Are you mad, Vis? Of course, I love you. Have I not—"

"You don't, Aemond. You don't love me. You love how being with me makes you feel about yourself; the same way claiming Vhagar made you feel, special, cared for, important... And you are, Aemond. You are all of those things without me."

"Visaera, everything I've done—"

"What's my favorite color, Aemond?" she interrupted.

"What?" he stared at her as if she had asked him why the sky was blue.

"What is my favorite color, Aemond? What tea do I like? What's my favorite time of day?" The prince gaped at her, unable to answer.

"Yours is green. Not the emerald green of the Hightower crest, but soft, like sage. Your favorite tea is peppermint and lavender, and you prefer evenings because you like to read by firelight." Visaera told him matter-of-factly. "You don't know anything about me, Aemond. Sure, you're attracted to me, but that's not enough. You love having me, you don't love me." Without another word, she left Aemond there on the ground just as the rain began to fall...

Aemond ate supper alone, but when Visaera never returned to her chambers for bed, the prince grew worried. With three different meals being had in the castle, it was possible that Visaera had dined with her brother or parents, but none of them had seen her since the afternoon. When he finally found Ser Jaunton, he informed Aemond that Visaera had gone to the Dragonpit and then excused himself to find the queen...

Visaera packed only what she needed, enough to fill two satchels and a small bag of gold. She spent hours of her afternoon painstakingly writing her mother a long letter. By the time she was finished, the parchment had thick spots of ink where her tears had soaked into the paper. Just before she mounted Carrion, she handed the letter to her knight and embraced him.

"If you love her, don't make her wait for you forever," Visaera told him with a smile. With nothing else to say, the princess climbed into the saddle, commanded Carrion into the sky, and headed east...

Two Years Later...

Carrion slammed into the dirt in front of the Dragonpit at a frightening speed and Visaera let out a thrilled laugh. In one fluid motion, she released the straps over her legs and slid from the saddle, landing on her feet.

"Rytsas, dārilaros," Kinnera greeted, brightly.

"Thank you," Visaera replied smoothly, "I am glad to be home." She removed her gloves and shoved them into her bag. With bright eyes and a dagger on her hip, Visaera strode up the Street of the Sister, not bothering to wait for an escort to be called. The dragonkeepers shared a look as they watched her disappear into the city. Gone was the broken young girl who had fled the capital in a wreck of emotions.