Viserys the Peaceful

I hope y'all are ready for the dragon sh- to hit the fan... 😈

Visaera didn't know how long she had been asleep, only that she was still in Aemond's bed and every inch of her was sore. Beside her, the prince was dead asleep, taking in deep, even breaths.

For a long time, she simply watched him sleep, enjoying how vulnerable he looked. The lid over his sapphire eye only closed halfway and she fought the urge to run her fingers across his scar, loathing the idea of waking him. Aemond completely at peace was a rare sight.

Her dress still in pieces on the floor, she pulled on his undershirt, lit a candle, and tiptoed across the room. As she pushed open the door to the passageway, a familiar kind of anxiety swelled inside her. Since that night, she had been terrified of the tunnels, the way she had been as a child.

I am the blood of the dragon, for fuck's sake. I am not afraid. As she stepped through the archway, she repeated the thought, continuing to do so until she finally reached Aegon's chambers. The door scraped open and she stepped inside, ensuring it was closed behind her.

"Aegon?" he stirred and rolled over in bed, the sight of him made her smile.

"Visaera..." Still half asleep, he automatically reached for her, holding out his hand. When she finally reached the edge of his bed, he finally caught sight of her appearance and sat up. "You and Aemond made up, then?" She shrugged, unsure of what to call what they did. Aegon seemed less than pleased by her answer, dropping her hand and making her heart fall into her stomach.

"Aegon—"

"You know, I actually thought that my mother rescinding Aemond's betrothal was the best thing that could happen to all of us. Aemond could go on being a cunt, and you could finally be free to follow your heart, to be with me... I didn't know your heart would lead you back to my brother's bed..." The hurt look on his face and the accusation in his voice made her want to fall to her knees in front of him.

"Aegon, I—"

"Do you love him?" The jealousy in his words made her cringe.

"I don't know," she answered honestly, "I know that I love you, and I—"

"How can you love me and still want to be with him?" Aegon asked.

"It's-It's complicated, Aegon," she attempted to reason, knowing he had every right to be angry with her. If the situation had been the other way around, she would have wanted to kill him. She knew she was being incredibly selfish; that she didn't deserve either of them. Trying to swallow the lump in her throat, she stepped toward him.

"No, it really isn't Vis. I love you, and I will not continue sharing you with him."

"You had no problem sharing me with him a few nights ago!" she snapped, annoyed with how easily his opinion had changed.

"You were betrothed to him a few nights ago; now you aren't. Sharing you was the only way I could have you and now you're free, and still, you won't choose me over him."

"Aegon, I—"

"Get out, Vis." As he turned away from her, his words sliced through her like a hot knife, stealing the breath from her lungs. Her hand trembled as she reached for him, but Aegon merely batted it away. "Get out!" he snarled, refusing to look at her.

"Aegon..." she choked out his name in a pained whisper, refusing to believe he would turn his back on her.

"Get the fuck out, Visaera!" he shouted. She backed away from him, unable to accept what was happening. No, she would return to her rooms and he would come to her, he had to... As she walked blindly through the passageway, her eyes misted over with tears, all the things Aegon had told her repeated in her head. He had said he needed her like he needed air, and yet...