Standstill

I just wanted to note that I am very aware the word "baby" is not used as a term of endearment in ASOIAF, however, the thought of Aegon calling Vis 'baby' makes me melt, so I will continue to use to. Thank you all for continuing on this journey with me, we still have a ways to go!

Visaera was leaning on her back with her head turned in Aegon's lap as he braided the side her hair. Every so often, one of them would reach for the cup of wine they were sharing. Helaena was leaning against Aemond as he read to her aloud in Valyrian. When her hair was finished, the prince leaned over and kissed her softly, making Visaera smile.

"Enough of that!" Aemond chided, looking up from the tome in his hands.

"Jealous, brother?" Aegon's teased, grinning.

"Extremely," Aemond replied, "but just wait until we get back to your rooms, princess."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" Visaera asked with a grin.

"I see no reason why it can't be both," the prince replied, leaning over to catch her lips. As Aemond kissed her, one of Aegon's hands slipped beneath the line of her dress, immediately locating her nipple and rolling it between his fingers.

Visaera's moaned and her head fell back, jostling her awake. She was in Aegon's lap, lying back against him, having fallen asleep there a few hours before. The heat of his chest warmed her back through their clothing and Visaera tried to shift ever closer to him. One hand was inside the top of her shift and the other was pushing the hemline up over her hips, stroking soft lines over her sex.

"Aegon," she whined, wetting her dry lips with her tongue as tiny jolts of pleasure coursed through her. The mix of her erotic dream and Aegon's soft touch already had her soaking his trousers beneath her.

"Relax, Vis," he whispered in her ear. She writhed in his lap, quickly realizing she could feel his erection pressed to the small of her back and she shifted against it, making him groan. "Let me give you this, my love. Let me take all of your pain away."

Two fingers slipped inside her slick channel and his thumb began dancing soft circles over her clit.

"Oh, gods..." she breathed. In the back of her mind, beneath the pain and the medicine, Visaera knew what they were doing was wrong, that Aegon was supposed to be her enemy, and yet his fingers were doing magical things to her and he smelled like home.

"It's alright my love, let go. Let it all go... I've got you, baby." His term of endearment set her insides on fire and her body began to quiver.

"Aegon, I-Oh..." Her head fell back against his shoulder as her body tensed and then shuddered against him, her climax coursing through her, leaving her a boneless mess in his lap.

"That's it, my love. That feels better, doesn't it?" Aegon asked, tugging her shift back over her legs. He was right. Visaera floated down from her high, the pain in her shoulder and ribs were all but gone, for the next few minutes, at least. He kissed her temple and leaned back against the pillows.

Visaera let him stroke her hair as her panting slowly became even breaths.

"I need to go home, Aegon," she whispered, dreading his reaction before the words even left her mouth. Beneath her, the prince stiffened and his hand froze.

"The Red Keep is your home," he replied.

"My family thinks I'm dead, Aegon. They tried to have Helaena killed. What will they do when they learn their assassins failed? Helaena wouldn't harm a fly of her own free will. We have to keep her safe."

"I'm surprised that word hasn't already reached them that you reside in the keep. I suppose Larys Strong is to thank for that... What if you write to them?" Aegon offered. "Perhaps if they know you're alive, it will quell their anger. You're not well enough to travel and they wouldn't dare attack if they know you're here."