Reunion

Tapping her fingers impatiently, with her arms folded across her chest, Visaera stared around the empty yard, waiting for anyone else to join her and Lord Caswell to greet her family. Where the fuck were Otto and Alicent, anyway?

The carriage rolled through the gate and came to a stop, and still, no one else came. Her mother emerged from the carriage first, rubbing her hand over her swelling belly and looking around in dismay. Clearly, Visaera wasn't the only one who found insult in the Queen's tabsence. Still, she couldn't help but smile at the sight of her parents.

"Mother!" Visaera threw her arms around Rhaenyra before she had any more time to look around the yard. "I've missed you," she breathed out, clinging to her. When she made no move to release her mother, Rhaenyra laughed.

"It's only been three weeks, my love." She assured her daughter, running a hand over her head and smoothing down her mess of silver curls.

"Yes, but I was angry when I left," Visaera admitted. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I disappointed you."

"No, I'm sorry, my love." Rhaenyra replied, kissing the top of her head, "Perhaps, I was too harsh with you. I was a young woman myself, once. It doesn't matter, now. I'm here..." With watery eyes, she released her mother and ran a hand over her mother's belly.

Then she turned to Daemon, who pulled her into his arms. He smelled of sandalwood from the oil he used, but he also smelled of dragon. No matter how clean Daemon was, he smelled of dragon. But more importantly, he smelled of home...

"My girl... I've missed you. Have you been practicing?" he asked smoothly, his High Valyrian flawless, as Lord Caswell greeted her mother.

"Not at all," she admitted, looking at her toes and feeling guilty. He chucked her beneath her chin until she finally raised her head and met his eye.

"You are a princess, Visaera. You cast your eyes down for no one." She nodded. "Good," he encouraged, turning to pull the twins from the carriage. Then, in a flurry of excitement, Rhaena was throwing herself at Visaera, making her grin.

"I've missed you," Rhaena offered, squeezing her until her ribs ached.

"And I you," she agreed, returning the embrace. "I have so much to tell you..." The two shared a look and then burst into a fit of giggles.

"Alright, girls," Rhaenyra interrupted, looking amused, "Take Joffrey to my apartments and I will see you both in a little while."

"Where are Jace and Luke?" Visaera asked, realizing the carriage had been emptied during their reunion.

"They wanted to fly," Rhaena informed her.

"Since it's faster, they left Dragonstone this morning." Rhaenyra added, "I'm sure they'll be along any minute." All of them entered the castle together and Visaera watched as her parents stared about, realizing just how much had changed. She remembered feeling the same way when she had first arrived.

"They took down almost everything..." she informed them, "The tapestries in all the quarters, as well."

"I would say it feels good to be home, but I hardly recognize the place," Rhaenyra muttered. Daemon hummed in agreement. "Alright, I'm going to see the King, you both take Joffrey."

"Mother," she offered, just before Rhaenyra left them, "Prepare yourself, it's not good..." Then she took Joffrey's hand and led him away.

"What do you have to tell me?" Rhaena whispered as they made their way to her mother's rooms.

"All the things I should have told you on Dragonstone, and much more..." Her sister's eyes widened with interest, but she didn't push the issue with little Joff beside them. "Tonight, after everyone has gone to bed, I will tell you everything, but you have to swear you won't tell a soul."