Epilogue III

*que gratuitous Daemon and Rhaenyra scene for the Daemyra fans**

"Have you been thinking about Visaera's request?" Daemon asked, stepping into Rhaenyra's chambers.

"I've been thinking about it for weeks. It's all I can think about," the Queen replied. "I spent so much time desiring the crown myself, fighting for it... I never considered she would not want the same for herself..."

"You know that I, more than anyone, would love to see my child on the throne. But, perhaps, Visaera is right. She is the very best, and very worst, parts of you and me. I have seen her show incredible care and kindness, and yet, I've seen how self-destructive she can be, how rash... Perhaps Jacaerys is the better choice."

"Mm..." Rhaenyra was inclined to agree with him. It was true, her daughter's disposition had improved with age, but she had a long way to go. When Daemon crossed the room and began to knead her aching shoulders, her stresses were momentarily forgotten.

"You worry too much, little dragon," he murmured in her ear.

"Perhaps you don't worry enough," she breathed, moaning when his thumbs found a knot and began to work circles over it.

"On the contrary, my love. I worry enough for the both of us." His expert fingers had begun working at the laces of her dress, pulling the panels open and massaging along the edges of her spine.

"Mm," Rhaenyra bit her lip and groaned, her head falling forward. Daemon pressed his hips forward against her back, showing her exactly what noises did to him. "Daemon..." she breathed, arching back against his erection and moaning when he growled in her ear and gripped her hips.

"Perhaps my Queen should allow her King Consort to ease her worries, for a while, at least," Daemon offered before planting a kiss on her bare shoulder.

"Mm, perhaps she should," Rhaenyra replied with a soft smile, heat already pooling in her belly as his touch stirred the fires inside her. With slow, determined fingers, Daemon loosened the rest of her laces, tugging the dress from her shoulders. More than a decade spent together hadn't quelled his desire for her in the slightest. The moment she was laid bare to him, Daemon was scooping her up around the hips, squeezing the swells of her buttock as he carried her across the room and deposited her on the bed.

"It's been too long since I've had you to myself, your grace," he growled, eyes burning as he began to strip. Rhaenyra watched with eager eyes, her gaze raking along his form. Daemon looked more fit than ever, and she longed for nothing more than to run her hands over the ripples of his abdomen.

"Daemon," she whimpered, "you're taking too long." He smirked at her eagerness, dropping his shirt and finally reaching for the ties of his trousers. "Don't make me beg, my love," she whined. Daemon's smirk widened into a feral grin.

"But now that you are Queen, you're being fawned over. It's been far too long since I've heard you beg, my sweet." His words made Rhaenyra groan and she pressed her thighs together, desperate for friction. "Mm, I love watching your needy writhing, Rhaenyra..." Kneeling on the mattress, he leaned over her, inhaling deeply as his nose traced up her abdomen and between her breasts. Rhaenyra shuddered; she was already on edge, and he hadn't even properly touched her yet. "I bet you're wet already, aren't you, little dragon?" he teased with a grin. Painfully slowly, his hands slid up her legs, stroking her soft skin with affection. Finally, his fingers met her sex, groaning when he found her slick with desire.

"Fucking hells, my love, you're dripping," he purred, pressing two digits into her soaked channel. "Mm, I love this..." he told her, pumping his fingers in and out of her. "Your sweet cunt wet for me... It doesn't matter who else has come, I was you're first and I'll be your last..."