Give Me Your Fire

As Visaera rolled over and stretched, Aegon instinctively reached out for her, skimming his fingers back and forth over her bare back. She moaned as goosebumps spread across her skin.

"I want to see you like this all the time," the prince murmured.

"Thoroughly debauched?" she asked, playfully from beneath her mussed hair.

"Mm, I do like that... But no," he replied, grinning and pushing her hair off her face, "Carefree, happy, mine..." She blinked her eyes open and found him gazing down at her with adoration. Aegon rolled over and straddled the small of her back, combing his fingers through her curls.

"Aegon..." she knew what he was doing and a smile spread across her face as her eyes fell closed again. It had been years since Aegon had braided her hair and the feeling of his hands plaiting her curls made her feel like she had fallen back in time, a time before their childhood innocence had been lost... He leaned over her and planted a kiss on the crown of her head.

"Isn't this a pretty picture?" At the sound of Aemond's voice, Visaera rolled over and snatched the sheets up to cover herself, knocking Aegon off of her in the process. For a brief moment, she was terrified of his reaction and then she remembered she was still livid with him.

The prince was leaning against the wall next to the passageway, arms crossed over his chest looking almost bored. How long had he been there?

"What do you want?" she asked warily, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think you and I need to have a chat, princess," Aemond replied.

"We already had a chat today, didn't we?" she snapped.

"Visaera, I don't have the fucking patience for this," he sighed, pinching his nose. "Come on, I just want to talk..." Glancing at Aegon, she received a nod and finally left the bed. Instead of worrying over her dress, Visaera padded over to the other side of the bed and pulled Aegon's shirt over her head, oblivious to the way both men were watching her.

When the prince held his hand out to her, she paused and raised an eyebrow at him. He wiggled his fingers at her until she finally rolled her eyes and took his hand. Her stockings and Aegon's shirt provided little insulation against the chill of the stone passageway and she fought the shiver that ran down her back.

All the way back to her rooms, she chewed on the inside of her cheek, wondering what on earth he had left to say to her. When he stepped into her quarters, he finally released her hand. The sight of him sitting on the edge of her bed, making himself at home, stirred her anger and she glared at him again.

"Come here..." It was stated as a command but his voice was surprisingly tender, catching her off guard. Feeling vulnerable in so little clothing, Visaera crossed her arms over her chest and remained where she was. "Please?" Aemond rarely said please, and the slight tone of desperation in his voice jarred her.

She crossed the room slowly, startled when she gripped her around the waist and pulled her toward him. "I owe you an apology..."

"Really?" she asked with a scoff.

"Really," he answered earnestly. Visaera raised an eyebrow and waited expectantly.

"Go on, then. Apologize..." she prodded, leaning away from him.

"I'm sorry, Visaera, not only for what I said about your family but also for the way I reacted over my mother. You have to understand... She's the only one who's ever cared about me." Visaera snorted.

"I care about you, Aemond, or did, until... How could you say such a thing? About me, about my family... How can you say something like that to someone you care for?" Recalling the sneer on his face and the look in his eye, Visaera fought the wave of nausea that rolled through her stomach.