Day 1

She stared at the damage to her van and had no space for any emotion other than anger. Who the hell had done this to her precious home?! Had someone crashed into it on a motorcycle or something? But that wouldn't explain why the whole thing moved and there would be evidence of it on the floor. But there was nothing.

She was about to yell into the empty alley when she turned around and paused.

A man lay half way down the alley. He didn't move and the girl thought he was unconscious. She stepped forward with careful movements, you had to be careful in LA.

He didn't suddenly wake up and no one jumped out from behind a wall like she had been expecting, and instead the man looked perfectly normal. Normal height, normal build, short brown hair and fully clothed which was a relief. Most people passed out in alleys had been drinking, but she didn't smell that either.

She didn't know what to do and lingered between dingy buildings alongside an unconscious body. It probably wasn't the best place to loiter, she should probably move and forget about it.

But for some reason she couldn't leave him. She made a move to walk back to the van when she looked over her shoulder and bit her lip.

"Urgg", she groaned before walking back over and leaning over the stranger.

"Hello?" She said with no response. "HELLO?" She repeated much louder, but again, the guy didn't move.

With a sudden panic she rushed forward and pressed two fingers to his neck. It was a stressful second until she found the right spot and felt a normal rhythm.

"Oh, good", she sighed, "that would have made things so much more difficult for me. She paused again and look down, speaking to the man. "Not that it's the biggest issue here. But it certainly wouldn't help", she finished with a mutter.

Wow, she needed to get out more. Talking online is not the same as real life interaction. Was she going crazy, speaking to a sleeping man? Anyway, she needed to do something. But it was a mystery that the man hadn't woken up. He wasn't sleeping, he didn't seem to be passed out from alcohol and he wasn't dead. Maybe he hit his head?

Wait.

She suddenly straightened up and looked fiercely at her poor van.

"You better pray that wasn't you", she said out loud.

She couldn't leave this guy out here, and she also couldn't ring an ambulance in the fear someone would talk to her and realise who she was. And he might have broke her van and she wanted compensation. So the best thing to do, she decided, was to yank him into the vehicle until he woke up.

Which was easier said than done.

She would call herself a strong woman, mentally and physically. But pulling a dead weight up into a car with limited space in the first place was a challenge to say the least.

She starting by pulling his ankles and dragging him across the gravel of the alley but quickly realised she was scraping his back across the floor.

"Oh", she deadpanned, secretly hoping there was no scratches on his back and decided to pretend she didn't know about them if he said anything.

Her next idea included grabbing him from under his armpits, but he was much heavier this way. He made it to van doors and began pulling him in the same way when her grip fell from his body and onto his shirt, making it ride up and expose half his chest.

The girl blushed and looked away, biting at her lip.

"Um... sorry about that sir", she awkwardly chuckled to herself as her hand fumbled blindly to try and pull it back down for him.