Pilot- pt3

Mike walks through a factory with a man in a suit. Others work around them, sending sparks into their path. Loud bangs of hammering and drilling almost drown out their voices as the man speaks to him.

"My hands are tied, Mike. It's company policy. You didn't meet quota, I had to let you go".

"Gary, look", pleaded Mike, "I got no choice. It's just me and my boy now".

"There's no openings Mike. And even if there were I got a hundred guys standing in line that are just like you, only they won't bitch when their back hurts".

"I was injured!" Mike shouts. "But I'm stronger now. I can handle twice the load I used to".

The man looked fed up and shook his head as Mike spoke.

"What are you not hearing? You don't cut it".

Mike looked angrier and angrier the more the man spoke.

"When I say I need things moved. I need—"

Mike turned and slammed his hand into a large barrel and it went flying across the room with a crash. It must have hit something electrical as giant sparks exploded from it and he turned back to face the man.

"Like that?" He gestured to it.

"Are you out of your mind?" The man shouted.

But as he stepped forward, Mike grabbed his face and shoved him back so hard he through through the air and crashed into a pile of steel pipes. They all rolled to the floor and the man looked up with blood on his face.

"These are people, Gary!" Mike told him. "Men. Not parts you replace when they break".

He reached over and yanked a big cylinder from its place, breaking the metal.

"It's not me, man", the man spoke, voice wobbly. "It's the company. I'm not the bad guy. I'm not the bad guy".

Mike stood over him, thinking about his words. His brows furrowed until he came to a realisation.

"Yes, you are", he said calmly. "It's simple now. Just like we used to read about. You're the bad guy. And I'm the hero".

The man tried to crawl away as Mike looked at the cylinder in his hand. He looked back up, and swung it down hard.

***

Coulson stood with Skye and Alex in a different room watching the security footage of the interrogation room. It was now empty except for Ward who seemed to be asleep and slumped over the table.

"I wondered if either of you know anything about this", said Coulson as he showed them the footage of some strange portal in the alley right behind her van.

Alex's breath caught in his throat as he finally saw the thing that brought his to this world. He had no idea what it was or why he was brought here, but he didn't wasn't to say anything and put everyone off their course.

"I have no idea what that is", he said, which was actually the truth.

Skye shook her head too and stared curiously at the screen.

"I've never seen anything like that before", she marvelled. "But it must have been what blew up all my electrics in the van".

Coulson watched them and nodded before moving on and pointing at Ward through the screen. Skye glanced at Alex as they gave each other confused faces.

"Did Agent Ward give you anything?"

"He told me he's been to Paris, but he's never really seen it and that he wishes you had stayed in Tahiti", Skye repeated the words.