Girl in the flower dress - pt2

May did not look happy, and Skye felt even worse about all this than she already did. She had no idea what would happen now, but she just hoped she hadn't ruined all of this. She finally had some resemblance of a family, and she'd pushed them away again.

After putting on clothes, she sat on the couch in the living room as the others spoke to Miles or looked at his computer.

Everyone except Coulson, who was angrily looking through some papers, and Alex, who sat next to Fitz-Simmons and didn't make eye contact with her.

"I know how this looks..." she tried telling Coulson, but he wordlessly put up a finger until he was ready to talk.

"How long have you two been in contact?"

"I contacted him once the day I joined to tell him I was okay and once earlier today", she finished quietly as she knew how bad it sounded.

"When you tipped off an active suspect?"

"No, it's not like that", she tried to tell him. "Miles and I... we met when we were both a little screwed up. Scratch that... he was a little screwed up, I was a lot. But we looked after one another. That's why I warned him, not because we're working together on this, but because we're... friends. I'm really sorry".

"Noted", Coulson said stiffly. "If not you, then who is Mr. Lydon working with?"

"No one. He's an idealist, believes in freedom of information".

"That information cost a man his freedom, and you sabotaged our attempts to remedy that".

"No, I came here to find out what Miles knows about Chan".

"And?"

"Nothing. Miles is a dead end. He's harmless".

"We'll see", he replied as he turned around.

Alex felt sort of bad that Skye felt like this at the moment, and he knew how it would all end. But he also felt a little betrayed. He knows he has no right to this information so if Skye didn't want to tell him, she didn't have to. But he doesn't like it.
They've been through a lot together, and they were really close. Yet she never told him about any of this, or just about Miles in general.

"Really", Skye kept telling Coulson, "I was gonna find out everything I could to try to help. I just... I felt like I couldn't tell you guys everything".

"I know. That's why I asked May to follow you. Seems like that wasn't a dead end", he said before finally walking away to keep working.

It was incredibly tense in the room as Skye sat defeated on the couch. May and Ward spoke to Miles and the two scientists worked on the mans computer.
After a small peep over at Skye, Fitz leant in and whispered to Simmons.

"Why would Skye do this to us for him? I thought she was our friend".

"I think she is, Fitz", she replied, being slightly better at social situations of the two. "But he's just obviously more than that".

Alex heard her say that from where he was sat and felt a pang of jealously in his stomach.

"Yeah, but we've been through so much together, and she didn't even tell us that she has a guy", said Fitz.

"Well, who knows what they've been through together?"

May tried talking to Miles in the closed off bedroom but she just sounded annoyed.

"The classified information you stole from us. who did you give it to?"

"It's information. It has a life of its own", he replied.