FZZT - pt1

Somewhere, in Wrigley, Pennsylvania, a group of children sit around a campfire, under the moon. The adults speak in quiet voices, clearly telling them some sort of scary story.

"The thing is no exactly knows what happened to the crying man that summer", the man said as the young boys listened, looking unnerved as they glance around. "Some say he drowned in the lake, but others say that they've seen his ghost, wandering these woods, in search for his lost sister".

Another man behind them, who's getting their food and standing in the light of a blue coloured lantern, speaks up and adds onto the story.

"Actually, they say if you're quiet and listen real hard...you can still hear him crying".

The kids shift around on their seats and look at each other with worried faces. Until the older man turns around and starts making really bad crying sounds. It breaks some of the tension as they all laugh.

"Mr. Cross, that was like, the worst Crying Man ever", the younger pointed out.

"Really? I thought it was pretty good".

The boy's shook their heads and agreed it was definitely not a good impression.

"You guys think we're kidding. Just remember to stick close to the campfire tonight, okay?"

"Hey, guys. Do you hear that?" Mr Cross suddenly says.

They look up and tilt their heads to listen, but the only sound they can hear is the even chirping of bugs and the quiet of the woods.

"Hear what?"

"That humming sound. Stay here. I'm gonna take a look around the campground", he says before walking away and leaving the kids to start worrying again.

"What humming?"

"Where's Mr. Cross going?" The kids ask the younger man who stayed with them.

"He's just trying to scare us. So lame".

They don't seem connived at the excuse as the man didn't seem convinced himself. But he tries to distract them (or himself) and opens the little food chest.

"Come on guys, grab a s'more."All right. Well, that's for you", he throws over some crackers".

"Oh, I want marshmallows".

"Tommy, I know you like chocolates. Here".

He's ;earning over to hand the chocolates and telling them not to hog the marshmallows when one of the boys looks up and sees a cup floating in thin air right behind the man. His eyes go wide as he stares, too scared to say anything.

The man seems to notice and followed his gaze. He sees it a split second before a crackle of electricity runs along the handle and it falls to the floor.

The mans startled and falls off his seat right before they hear the older man yelling, somewhere in the woods.

"Everyone to the truck now!" He tells them, unsure on what to do as Mr Cross was meant to be in charge of all this.

The boys thrown down whatever was in their hands and run to the car on the other side of their small camp. Mr Cross is still screaming somewhere out there and they slam the doors shut, terrified and confused.

A streak of what looks like lighting streaks down and slams into the front of their car. A hole gets ripped through it and the battery flies out, landing far away.

They scream as the whole vehicle is jostled around and a huge blue light comes from the distance.

And as quick as it came, everything goes quiet again. The car is smoking from the front and the young man slowly gets out, looking in the direction the screams had come from.