The asset - pt1

A huge freight truck drove fast along a big empty road. The huge back covered in 'Rocky Mountain office supply' took up nearly the whole road. Music blared from inside and a scruffy looking man with stubble and a cap sang along.

He looked like a normal truck driver and drank soda through the straw of a giant cup whilst keeping his eyes straight ahead. His little radio fizzled before a voice came over it.

"Big boy, this is little boy. How'd things go down at the chicken coop?"

He picked up the device and held it closer to his face to respond.

"Weigh station inspector needs to learn some adult words and a bit of hygiene, but he waved us through. The cargo is secure. Looks like a clean shot from here".

"Roger that", they replied. "Little girl will take point on your front door. See ya at the drop stop, Mack. I'm clear".

The man, Mack, saw two black SUV's through his side mirror and waved at the one coming past. The woman inside smirked and waved back before settling in front of the truck as the other stayed behind.

They all kept up their speed and the man watched the road ahead. Empty aside from the black car. But suddenly, the car in front flew into the air and crashed back down in the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid it and went wide eyed.

"Son of a bitch", he muttered and tried to get back on the road.

"You see that?!" He spoke into the radio.

"Little girl is down!" Said the person. "Escort two is down!"

"I know, Sherlock", Mack shouted back. "What the hell hit us?"

He sighed before pressing a button and a full holographic screen appeared over the driving wheel. He pressed some of the random buttons and a huge red line, like a map, appeared before he swiped it away.

"We need to go to alt two, alt two", he spoke.

"Nothing over our shoulder. Back door is clear", they said as the black car sped up and now took the lead in front of the truck. "Protect the cargo at all costs!"

Mack followed the car and sent out a distress signal.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. Region C.T this is agent Mack. We are under attack from an unseen I-don't-know-what".

The second car that had been driving in front of him was thrown across the other side of the road and out of sight. The road still looked empty, but Mack was now on his own trying to look and see what was out there.

"Agent Mack, advise nature of threat. Over".

The entire truck started moving and he was thrown back in his seat. The trees in his mirrors got further and further away and he started raising into the air.

The whole truck seemed to start flying straight up with no cause.

His eyes widened and he stayed deathly still until it stopped high in the air.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. C.T. Oh hell, I can't explain", he got out before the truck fell back to the ground with a crash.

He fell unconscious with blood on his head. The radio still sounded as people tried contacting him through it.

"Agent Mack? Are you there?"

But he couldn't respond.

A small side road just off the main road they were on was now taken up by a new machine. A yellow excavator slowly rolled along until it got to the back of the truck and ripped away the sides.

Men with guns and camouflage vests ran into the road and jumped in the back of the truck. They threw out boxes and boxes of office supplies to reveal a hidden vault in the truck. On the front, sat a big S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo.