Day 2

Alex woke up with a dull ache in his head and a sore spot on his back. His head wasn't hurting anymore however the after affects of it could still be felt behind his heavy eyelids.

They slowly opened and he was surprised to see a covered windscreen. The bright sun streamed in around the edges but it still remained comfortable.

He shifted around and tried to stretch his legs into the footwell when he heard a voice from behind.

"Finally awake?"

Alex jolted in his seat and heard soft laughing as he turned around. Skye sat in her desk chair, gently swaying from side to side as she waited for him to become coherent enough to answer.

He just couldn't believe that this was actually real. It was slowly sinking in yesterday, but after waking up and still having her in front of him, he was now convinced this was real. But still not sure how? He would continue fretting about it but then he remembered a very real Skye was waiting for him to speak.

"Uh- yea -hi. What time is it?"

Turning back to her computer and leaning in, she hummed.

"It's nine thirty in the morning. You slept through like a log, guess you needed it".

He shifted himself around to face her whilst trying to rub the sleep out his eyes.

"I guess I did".

He felt wobbly on his feet as he hobbled over the central panel and away from the passenger seat. He stood next to Skye and stretches as high as the van would allow.

She looked down to his feet and sniggered. He followed her eyes and let out a similar noise. The joggers he had borrowed the night before were definitely too small. The bottoms looked slightly too tight around his thighs and had ravelled nearly half way up his shins.

"This is flattering", he mumbled.

Skye stood up and leaned over to open the door, letting the sunlight fly in.

"We can get more clothes later but we should probably dry our other ones first. You can't go out like that".

Luckily Alex's jeans hadn't been fully submerged so they didn't have much to dry, but he couldn't help but grimace at the thought of putting on salty, dried clothes.

She lay them out in the sun and kept the van door open so they could see what they were doing. Alex stood there for a few minutes not knowing what to do as she picked up a few bits scattered around.

"Want some breakfast?" She asked, "we can go as soon as the clothes are dry?"

That did sound good, he hadn't eaten breakfast in a long time, however he had no money to pay for it and he couldn't take advantage of Skye by letting her pay for more stuff.

"Oh, I don't mind. I'm not really that hungry".

"First of all, you need to eat more. And second, don't worry, I can pay".

Great, now she can read minds? She can't actually do that right? No, that wasn't something she could do. He went to complain but she put her hand up and ushered him over to the laptop. They hunched over the desk together and Alex watched curiously as she typed, different images appearing on the screens.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Getting our breakfast", she said mysteriously with a grin.

He didn't understand half the stuff on the screen as different sites came up and she types different code into each one. The first thing he did recognise was the big Stark logo right in the middle. His brows furrowed as he watched. And then a bank account came up.