Pilot- pt2

A woman works in the middle of a darkened room. The filing boxes and desks makes it clear it's an office, but the lack of windows and decrement lighting keep the room dim.

The woman picks up different pieces of paper and staples them together, putting them aside and coming back to do it again. The rhythmic sound of folding paper and the click of the stapler make it seem calm, but dull.

"Agent May", smiles Coulson as he walks in.

"No", is all she replies with.

"So you've been briefed?"

"I'm not going back in the field", she says sounding determined and like she's repeated it many times before.

"Yea, you've got such a nice set-up here", he says sarcastically and motions around the blank room. "You ever thought about adding a moat? I just need you to drive the bus", he eventually says after getting an annoyed look from the woman, Agent May. "Liaise ground transport, some on-site supervision. This isn't a combat op".

"Then you don't need me".

"I do. 'Cause we'll be running ourselves. Picking the ops, making the calls. No red tape. This is where they actually make the red tape, isn't it? I always wondered".

She smiles lightly and seems interested in what he's saying.

"Melinda", he says to her.

"You're really just asking me to drive the bus?"

"I'm not asking", he says before he starts to walk away, but turns around to add, "but it's a really nice bus".

***

A huge hangar full of people in luminous jackets and enforced cases with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Logo on sit inside as a ginormous plane whirs. Vehicles with the matching bird sticker on the side come and go as people walk around checking everything on the sleek black plane. It's huge, and takes up most of the space inside the building.

Agent Ward walks past everyone, holding a duffle bag and watching their movements. Some of the people holding guns watch him as he walks past and makes his way to the back of the vehicle. As he approaches, he takes his sunglasses off for a better look and marvels up at it.

At the rear of it, a ramp is opened down with people walking off . He goes past a car strapped securely to the ramp and sees two people pulling items from a small pile on the floor.

"Woah, woah, woah!" The man protests as the woman tries picking something up. "Watch it! That's the night night gun".

"Well, it's on my stuff and it doesn't work", she retorts. "And there's no way we are calling it the night night gun".

"The bullets work", the man says as neither of them notice Ward. "Non lethal, heavy stopping power, break up under the subcutaneous tissue".

"Yea, with a dose of only 0.1 microlitres of dendrotoxin. I'm not Hermione, I can't create instant paralysis with that. You should've run the specs by me".

"The bullets are hollow!"

It's clear the two people are smart as they continue to talk over each other, arguing about something science related and walk past glass sliding doors in the hangar of the plane. It looks like a small lab but boxes of things are everything and clearly haven't been unpacked yet.

Ward drops his bag on the floor with a thud and interrupts the two. They immediately stop and look over.

"Fits-Simmons?" He asks like he doesn't want to be there at all.

"Fits", the woman points over to the man.

"Simmons", the man points over to the woman. "I'm engineering, she's biochem. Agent Ward?"