The well - pt1

Simmons spoke, sounding awed as she thought about other life in the universe.

"In ancient times, people believed the heavens were filled with Gods and monsters and magical worlds. Then, as time passed, those beliefs faded into myth and folklore. But now we know the stories were true. Other worlds, with other names like Asgard, do exist. And beings once revered as Gods, like Thor, have returned. Leaving us with more questions and...An enormous mess to clean up!" She finished and looks at the room.

The team and other agents are standing on a large plastic mat and dumbing box after box of metal onto it.

"Don't say I never gave you anything", Ward joked with a straight face.

Fitz is on his knees looking through every bit of stuff that's thrown in front of him.

"Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time".

"Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands", ward tells him.

"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do", he tries to convince them, again, that the team needs a monkey.

"You're our little monkey", Ward smiles.

"Seriously though, why can Thor and his little Asgardian buddies come and pick this stuff up themselves?" Alex asked the others.

"Yea!" Fitz agrees. "Then we can spend more time training our monkey".

"I certainly wish they would come and pick this stuff up so we wouldn't have to do it", Simmons says.

Ward nods along but holds out his hands.

"If you can contact them, go ahead".

Alex bends down to pick up what looks like a mask. It has holes for eyes and a black point coming down each side. He's pretty sure it looks like a dark elves mask, but Ward takes it off him and puts it into a box.

Simmons phone starts ringing, the banner say 'mom and dad'. She looks at it for a moment before clicking the mute button and letting it go to voicemail. Fitz notices and stares at her softly.

"Don't give me that look. I'll talk to them when I talk to them".

"Talk to who?" Ward asks, appearing from nowhere.

"Mum and Dad. They want explanations and answers for...well, all this", she gestures around. "But I don't have any answers. And, more importantly, I haven't talked to them since I was ill. And if they knew that, they'd be even more terrified. So, you know..."

Her phone makes another noise and she ignores it a second time.

"...Why waste any of our time, really?" She laughs nervously and puts her phone back in her pocket.

Alex looks at her worriedly before moving closer so their conversation is private.

"You know you can still call them and not tell them about you being ill if you're not ready for that?" He whispers. "I understand why you wouldn't want to call because that's a lot to try and keep in whilst pretending everything is fine. But what if something had happened to you, and they never got to speak to you before. Maybe they just want to hear your voice?"

She looks sad, not by his words, but because she knew he was right. But Alex didn't push and went back to work to let her think about it.

***
Coulson, May, and Skye are walking somewhere else but in the same building. There are countless little tents set up and Skye is holding a box full of metals.

"You guys may think it's old news, but it's new...news to everybody else. So, Asgardians are aliens from another planet that visited us thousands of years ago?"