The Hub - pt1

"Any heat signatures?" Coulson whispers into his comms.

He was currently walking around a maze of corridors after entering through a hatch hidden in the snow. It should've been much colder down there, in the dingy halls with leaking pipes, but the snow must have packed it into some kind of igloo effect.

"We don't see anyone", May replied from her position, hidden somewhere in the underground maze.

"Are we sure he's even here?" Alex asked from the bus.

"Shut up, don't even say that right now, it's freezing", they heard Skye say.

A small hushed argument broke out between them that the others could hear but was too quiet for them to understand.

"Guys, come on", Coulson redirected them all to the task at hand.

"Why don't you try making some noise?" Alex suggested.

Coulson stopped and opened his mouth to speak about how ridiculous it was but quickly realized he wanted to get caught and it would actually be perfect.

"Oh yea", he mumbled before hitting one of the pipes and letting the noise reverberate all around.

"Incoming", Ward said as red smudges started showing on his screen. "Prepare sir".

"I'm ready", Coulson mumbled before people came into view. "Ah, thank god", he sighed to them. "I'm just really lost, could you help me?"

They didn't respond and their angry faces got closer and closer and he shrugged. It was worth a try anyway. A bag was quickly pulled over his head and hands tied before they dragged him to a separate room and threw him down onto a chair.

The bag was pulled off to reveal a few soldiers in uniform. The one standing directly in front of him looked the angriest, but Coulson wasn't worried.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but I think you may have a mould problem", he said making a face. "That sink with the standing water seems especially concerning", he tipped his head towards a sink at the back as they stares, not talking.

The leader stepped forward and punched Coulson across the face. He clearly didn't like the warning about mould.

"Just wait until the interrogator gets here. He won't be smiling then", he turns to the other soldiers in Russian and laughs.

The others laugh with him and Coulson nods along.

"Looking forward to it".

Another soldier walks down the hallway ominously, his boots clacking on the puddled floor until he stops. He stares down at Coulson and picks up some sort of surgical tool from a tray as the man looks on, a little worried.

Before the soldier can get any closer, Coulson speaks to him in english.

"You have the intel on you?"

He tilts his head down at the man in question.

"They know", Coulson tells him.

"They know?" The soldier asks.

"We have three minutes, Agent Shaw".

May suddenly rushes into the room and a spark dissolves Coulson's handcuffs so he can get up and start fighting. The soldiers attack them both but with the two of them and now the soldier, agent Shaw, helping, they get them all in no time.

"Time to go, Agents", Ward says as he appears in all black.

"Exit?"

"Follow me", says May and they all leave.