Repairs - pt1

A woman walks into a small gas station, going past a newspaper that reads, 'laboratory accident kills 4. Lone survivor questioned after particle accelerator explosion'. The store worker looks up as she walks in and watches closely as she picks up a few things and comes to the counter.

"Hi", she says, sounding stressed and placing her items on the counter.

He just stands there and stares at her, not moving to scan the items.

"Is there a problem?"

"Jack Benson was a friend of mine", he says and her face immediately drops in sadness.

"I'm – I'm so sorry".

"You were the one in charge, right? Some kind of manager?"

"Uh, he – he was my friend, too".

"Jack's wife said it was your fault. That true?" He interrupts her.

She stops, trying not to cry and shakes her head.

"You know what? Um, never mind. I think I'm just gonna go somewhere else".

She starts to walk away but the man runs out from behind the counter to block her path.

"Hey! I asked you a question".

"Stay away from me", she tells him worriedly.

Just as she says it, things start flying off the shelves at him. Packets of crisps and tins of hotdogs hit him as he covers his head with his arms.

"What the hell?"

He looks at her as she unharmed and hasn't been hit.

"You did that?" He asks.

"No, I – I swear".

Then the entire shelving unit tips over and the man falls to the floor. She grabs the sides of her faces and starts crying as she drops to the floor.

The man runs out shouting at her.

"Get away from me!"

He gets outside and pulls out his phone. And that's when he sees the gas pumps on the floor, leaking petrol over the floor and the newspaper stand on fire. He runs as the woman hides under the counter still inside.

"No. Lord, please, not again", she whispers to herself with tears rolling down her face.

Suddenly, a huge explosion sounds from outside and the windows closest to it shatter from the force. She shouts out and covers her ears, cries getting harder as car alarms blare.

***
In a hotel room, May gets dressed in her usual attire as the shower runs in the background. Her phone rings and she looks at the screen.

"We have a mission", she says out loud.

Ward walks out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel.

"Any specifics?"

"No".

He smiles and walks to the end of the bed to pick up his clothes.

"Well, we should follow the same plan as before, take separate routes back, stagger our timings so no one suspects – ".

He's interrupted by the sound of a door closing. When he turns to look, the place is empty and May has already gone. He shakes his head with a small laugh and gets dressed.

***
In Coulson's office, he's showing Alex and Skye a picture of the woman at the gas station. Her name is Hannah and they need to find her.

"Wait, a telekinetic? I thought they didn't exist", skye says.