Repairs - pt3

"He thinks it's hell, but I think it's an alien world.", Simmons says as they discuss the image she got from the explosion. "Fitz, it was stunning", she says as they walk down a hallway, Ward up front with his gun out.

"Well, there were reports in London after the spaceship landed of multiple portals opening, Thor passing between worlds", Fitz thinks it through.

"You think that's what they were researching at that lab?" Ward ask is without looking back.

"Trying to create another portal, yes".

"Failing until a malfunction produced a burst of energy".

"This 'ghost' is a man trapped between our universe and another. Perhaps that's how all ghosts are. It's a simple explanation, really. And it would explain if the other two we saw are actually real or not. Even though they seemed nice..."

"Simple would be a relative term in this case", Ward mumbles.

Ward opens a door and quickly checks it's empty before letting the scientists see the mess of wires that had been pulled out not that long ago.

"Bloody hell".

"He was thorough".

Something makes a loud noise behind them and ward quickly points a gun in the direction.

"Oh, God", Fitz-Simmons say as they snap their heads up..

"Plane's on uneven ground, could just be settling".

"Or the other thing", Fitz unhelpfully adds.

"Get to work", he tells them and ventures further down the hall. "Clear".

The two others let small breaths of air and look back down at the damage. But then the man appears again. Right behind them. And they see him at the same time and scream.

He shoves them into the room and shuts the door as they shout.

"Ward, help!"

"Help!"

Ward immediately turns back with his gun in hand when the man appears again and knocks the gun away. He tries to throw a punch but the man disappears again, leaving him rattled.

"Quiet!" He hisses to the others in the room as he walks down the hall with his hands up, ready to fight.

The man hits him from behind and they fight. Ward manages to get a few hits in and goes to throw him on the ground when he disappears.

Something pulls Simmons back and a wrench gets put around her throat. She screams as the man is now inside the same cupboard he closed them in.

Ward hears her screams and slams the door open to reveal two very scared scientists.

Then something hits him from behind and he drops to the floor.

Simmons watches the man as he looks down angrily at his hand as it starts to glow blue. He screams at them before closing the door again.

***
In the office, Coulson, Skye and Alex are trying to fix the transceiver so they can call for help.

"Seems like a hardware issue, not a firmware as Alex found out. I should be with Hannah, anyway. No wonder she keep screaming in there. You keep sending in The Cavalry, you're bound to get a reaction like that".

"Don't – don't call her that", Coulson stutters.

"Why not? No normal person can shoot 100 Bahrain –"

"That's not how it went down", he interrupts.

"Whatever, 20. I just – I don't understand – "

"She didn't have a gun. None of us did".