FZZT - pt2

May nods before suddenly turning the car into a sharp right and driving straight through a field of small plants. It takes only seconds to get to an abandoned looking barn in the middle of nowhere.

They all get out and expertly check their surroundings. Ward has a gun out in front of his and Alex isn't allowed one on mission just yet so he stands behind the others. They get to the barn door and stop.

"Door's barred from the inside", Coulson notices.

"Hayloft's open", Ward says as he looks up.

"We could ram it with the truck".

May turns around and with one swift kick and a grunt, the door flies open.

"Or..." Coulson finishes.

They carefully enter the barn, one by one and on high alert. Its dark in there, only lines of sunlight coming through. But there isn't a sign of anyone else there. Until they look up.

A man floats high above the ground and high over their heads just like the last one. His arms are outstretched and he just looks like he's sleeping.

Alex waits by the door having never entered in the first place. He already knew this man was here and he doesn't want to get any closer.

"Scan the perimeter. Whoever did this couldn't have gotten far".

He follows Ward out as May climbs up a ladder to try and find the same wound on the man's forehead.

"Barricaded himself inside. Went for his shotgun", Coulson took in the scene.

"He was scared, trying to protect himself".

"From who? How did they get to him?"

"Another burn mark on the forehead", she pointed out.

"No sign of anyone",Alex appears and says.

"No tracks, no vehicles down the road", Ward continues.

"Skye, we need real time sat surveillance on this area, right now".

"Hang on", she types on the computer before finding a picture of a group of firefighters. "I think I found something you might want to see first. Sending it over now".

Her and the two scientists look at the photo and see their first and second victims in the same photo.

"The guy who owns the farm's name is Frank Whalen. He's a volunteer firefighter at the same station house as our first victim, Adam Cross".

"Our two victims knew each other", Ward checks he heard right.

"They were both responders when the aliens crashed New York".

"Two victims from the same firehouse, found in the same weird way".

"That can't be good",Alex said.

"We're looking for a killer".

***

Somewhere, a man polishes a large metal helmet with a cloth. He inspects it to make sure it's completely clean before putting it down and walking away. When he does, small sparks of electricity run along its surface.

***
In the barn, the whole team arrive and look around the scene. Fitz is flying one of his little drones around the body because its just too high to reach.

When it flies too close to the man, a small zap of electric comes from him and they both fall to the floor. The body drops with a thud and Fitz puts out a hand to catch the small drone.

"Gottcha!" He mumbles.

The body had dropped into a case that had been methodically placed under him before he fell and Simmons was inspecting him as Skye sat in the background.