084 - pt2

Everyone picked up some kind of equipment and Ward handed over the bag, with the possibly deadly weapon, to Fitz as he freaked out.

"We don't know what will happen if it gets excited!"

Ward ignored it and just told them to stay close.

"Fitz, come on!" Simmons told him as he lagged behind.

Coulson was still fighting alongside Camilla and her team as rebels shot at them from all angles.

"Your men need to fall back now or we'll never make the runway", he told her.

They go out into the open, heading for a truck as they take out any rebels. They protect each other from gunmen and work together flawlessly.

Ward came out of the temple shooting and trying to get the rest of the team to safety. They went to run out to follow him as he did say to stay close, but Alex stopped them and pulled them back in.

A moment later, gunshots rebounded off the sides of the rock. They breathed heavily from inside and peeked over to watch what was going on.

Ward pulled a small metal cylinder from his pocket and flung it so it extended.

"Tell your men to get down", Coulson told Camilla immediately.

All the men in uniforms dropped to the floor and Ward slammed the pole into the ground. It made a whooshing noise and raised into the air before sending out some kind of electrical pulse and knocking everyone down who was still standing.

Ward waved the team out of the temple and they ran down the stairs with all the equipment. As they reached the bottom, when they were right out in the open, a still conscious rebel appeared and pointed a gun at them.

They froze and couldn't do anything. The man aimed, and as he fired, May appeared and blocked them with a truck.

"Get in!" Ward yelled at them. "Move! Now!"

"That's a good idea".

"Yes, of course", Fitz-Simmons mumbled and got right in.

Camilla and Coulson got in the next car with some of her men and raced after the first, heading for the runway and to escape in the bus.

The rebels followed them in their own cars and kept shooting the whole way. Ward directed May to the best route to get back as she drove across the dirt road.

"Slow down", Fitz shouted as he worriedly held the 084 in a bag on his lap.

"You're joking, right?" Skye stared at him in disbelief.

"Ward, listen! We've got to be careful!" He tried again. "There's a binding energy structure that could overheat!"

"I can roll down a window!" Simmons suggested.

She went to do it until more bullets were fired and bounced off the windows. Everyone ducked and hid their faces as Alex shouted.

"Please, do not roll down a window!"

It was then that Skye turned to Alex and saw blood on his shirt sleeve. She gasped and touched his arm, trying to see what had happened.

"Sshh", he put a finger to his lips. "Don't say anything, they don't need to be distracted right now. We'll sort it when we get back".

She didn't seem to like that idea but she was also in a bit of a panicked state which probably shocked her into staying silent anyway.

The car carried on along the dirt road and Ward turned around to face into the back seat like an angry parent.